Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahern

Never made a pin, but Rokku wont let me create one.

I have never created a PIN for my roku. I decided to add one, however when I go to create a pin and choose a preference (that requires a pin), It wont accept and create a pin no matter what 4 digits I use. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Never made a pin, but Rokku wont let me create one.

@Ahern 

It could be that some glitch exists in your browser. So, log out of Roku. Then clear all cookies that contain "roku"

Next, close you browser, then shut down your computer. Do not reboot the computer, actually shut it down.

After 30 seconds or so, power up and launch your browser, logging in to https://my.roku.com

Then attempt to add a PIN.

If that doesn't work, check to see what browser extensions you have. Disable them all and repeat this process.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Hannah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ahern! As @DBDukes said, clearing the cookies from your browser is a great place to start. But, just in case, we'll go ahead and reach out to you privately here on the Community to check up with you. Keep an eye on your inbox, we'll be in touch soon. 

0 Kudos
kjr314

Hello, 

I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved? 

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @kjr314, we see you are having issues setting up your PIN. We recommend trying the steps above given by @DBDukes if you haven't already. If you are still having trouble afterward, no worries! Send us a private message and we would be happy to assist and look into this issue further.

0 Kudos
Wombwizard

SAME ISSUE.  Every suggestion tried.  Why aren't you people available to help??????

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Wombwizard 

It works for me. Therefore there's something on your end. So, if you really want help, we'll do our best, but we need your cooperation.

First, tell us what steps you're taking on your computer to set the PIN. What do you do and what is the result? Each step will be helpful.

Beyond that, what operating system are you using on your computer? Version and build.

What browser are you using? Version and build.

What extensions are installed on your browser?

Once you provide that, we can figure out where to go and get your setup working as it should.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos