Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gringomike
Reel Rookie

Re: Media option missing from Roku app

Jump to solution

Using iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.1.1

ROKU software version 9.9.1.9173802.48

Clearly, as per all those chiming in, there’s an issue on Roku’s end.  

0 Kudos
mkerolous

Jump to solution

Hi everyone - I just purchased a new Philips Roku TV and I have the same issue on my Roku app. The Media button is not showing up.

Roku app version is the latest: 9.9.1.2659820

Phone Samsung S21+ Android version 13 patch level Oct 1, 2023

Can you please provide a solution to the app glitch if indeed the Media feature is still available?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

unfortunately this response is nowhere close to resolving the issue, which is media option ( to cast photos from phone to Roku to TV) is missing in the latest Roku app. 
can you pls fix this?

I tried using airplay from phone . It works for one photo at a time.. that too you can only add the photo to a photo stream to add it as a screensaver. Not to cast directly.

screen mirror option is also difficult and doesn’t work all the time.

Loam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here, I’m thankful other people have drawn attention to it. Taking the Media button away was a bad change, it works better than airplay or screen mirror.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching us about this and we appreciate your feedback about this feature.

Please be advised that this option is no longer available on the Roku Mobile App. But you can still use the Airplay and Screen mirroring as a workaround.

For more information on how to use it take a look at some guided steps below.

1. How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device
  2. How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
taione50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Maybe I'm new to this, but I have tried that mirroring option and never could get it to work. The media option is a selling point, and I'd like to use it as everyone else does. I don't know why my phone or tablet is not casting but when I had media option it worked. It just disappeared.

0 Kudos
Gringomike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why would Roku listen to the users, they know better.  (sarcasm)

0 Kudos
taione50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No doubt. This is not the only casting device that has gone on the blink. No fixes. It'd be nice to set it and forget it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku tv

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4181-G5

• Roku Mobile app version 9.9.1.2.659820
0 Kudos
Loam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Awful decision to take it away, just no apparent reason to do so. As I said, it worked better than airplay/screenmirror. I want photos to play as a slideshow, and I don't want to have to stay in the app. If I have to leave the app on my phone for whatever reason, I don't want the screen to keep mirroring while I'm in other apps.

Again, just an awful decision as is obvious from the # of people complaining about it disappearing in this thread. I'd be thankful for it returning. @RokuERey 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.