Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1800getsum

Linking devices to accounts even though it waasnt done during activation

Jump to solution

I know it says to do it during activation but if my ol lady didn't do it during activation how would I go about doing it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Linking devices to accounts even though it waasnt done during activation

Jump to solution

Linking to a Roku account is part of the activation process.   Settings > System > About will show you the email address associated with the Roku account to which the Roku is linked.

If this needs to be changed, do a Factory Refresh and set the Roku up again, linking this time to your desired Roku account.

Roku menu path: Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset

Following a Factory Reset you'll be setting the Roku up all over again from scratch, as though it were new right out of the box, including setting up your network connection and linking it to your existing or new Roku account. If linking to an existing Roku account, all your channel apps currently attached to that account will automatically be installed -- some of the ones requiring a login may require you to login anew.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Linking devices to accounts even though it waasnt done during activation

Jump to solution

Linking to a Roku account is part of the activation process.   Settings > System > About will show you the email address associated with the Roku account to which the Roku is linked.

If this needs to be changed, do a Factory Refresh and set the Roku up again, linking this time to your desired Roku account.

Roku menu path: Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset

Following a Factory Reset you'll be setting the Roku up all over again from scratch, as though it were new right out of the box, including setting up your network connection and linking it to your existing or new Roku account. If linking to an existing Roku account, all your channel apps currently attached to that account will automatically be installed -- some of the ones requiring a login may require you to login anew.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.