Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rreed
Reel Rookie

Re: Latest channel guide "update" = VERY user UNfriendly... 🧐

I suggest everyone flood the customer service number and chat options with complaints.  I don't think a soul with any authority reads these posts.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue!

Our constant goal is to give our customers the smoothest possible streaming experience and ease of use. We will forward this to the relevant Roku team for their review. We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you again for it.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuJohnB  Please notify them that:
1. When we are watching a show, and click the left arrow, it always used to just open the viewer guide window of the show we were currently watching, thus we could see the current time, and if we wished, we could see what's on that channel, after that. Then all we had to do to get right back to the show, would be to hit the play button (in the middle).
Now, when click the left arrow, it takes us all the way to the left "categories" column! Why, God only knows, as it means, to go back to the show we're currently watching, we must click two times, to slide back to it. And if we click up or down, instead of showing us what's playing on lower or higher numbered channels, it changes the categories!

2. When that happens, we must quickly scroll back to the category we were in, or else the Recents category, (& hope the show we were watching is there). And what happens too often, is that we may have been in the Favorites category (where I am most of the time, having spent the time required putting channels I'm likely to watch, in that list), when we clicked to watch a show. However, once there, if on a commercial, we want to quickly see what's coming up on other channels, we discover, when clicking the left arrow, that we are no longer in the Favorites list, but instead, the "All Channels" list!!

So unless we want to scroll endlessly through hundreds of channels, we have to find our way back to the Favorites list, but since when we opened the guide, we were watching a show from our Favorites list, then it opened the All Channels list, we have to also find our way back to that particular channel, to continue watching it!  Plus, when we first click the left arrow, it will SOMETIMES switch to the All Channels list, but then SOMETIMES it doesn't, and will keep us in the Favorites list!  Which means we can't do anything quickly, assuming we are in one category or another, due to it not being consistent!

3. Maybe the most frustrating aspect of this is, when we're watching a show, that we arrived at via the Favorites category, and then on a commercial, wish to scan other channels to see what's on now, or coming up, after we finish the one we're watching, we click the left arrow, and find ourselves on the All Channels. Ok, so we then go back to the Favorites category, but then it doesn't show it from where we left off, but always at the very beginning! Which means constantly having to scroll through lots of channels unnecessarily, just to get back to where we were, not to mention looking further.

It used to be much simpler, whatever category we were in to reach the channel we begin watching, would remain in place. So when we clicked the left arrow, we are right at that particular show, in its same place, in the same category list!  Why someone decided to change that, make it more confusing, and requiring all kinds of extra actions, just for what had been a simple process to begin with has so many of us scratching our heads, as the frustration grows.

0 Kudos
LanceL

I’ll never buy another Roku television. 

elayne1126
Binge Watcher

I hate roku now. Everything is so messed up. Nothing is organized like it was. Roku sucks now

StevenCee
Roku Guru

It sure is... suddenly all the channel numbers have vanished! So how we are supposed to know where the **bleep** we are, when scrolling, even just through our "favorites"? It's crazy, and I hope it's only a temporary glitch, cause this makes it infuriatingly frustrating, & impossible to expediently channel surf...

elayne1126
Binge Watcher

I called roku and talked with a tech. He didn't even know this was happening. It was try this and that and then he was going to escalate my case to the know it alls. I read a little while ago that the developers changes this. Fire the developers. Can't understand why they would do such a stupid thing. Take care

elayne1126
Binge Watcher

To me, roku once has your money, they don't care about you any longer.  Before I got roku, I asked if I could get nascar races and they said yes. So I got roku. They lied. Now I'm suppose to download this app or that app which I did and I still couldn't get nascar. I called and they then said do this or that. More bull. Before, there were the different categories like all the news and weather were one, then sports was one, children's programs and so on, now, it's a total mess. I don't know if roku ever reads our posts or even if they care. I heard that the developers did this. Don't know why, but it's totally stupid. Glad that I haven't gotten other roku things and at this point, I can't trust them. 

0 Kudos
elayne1126
Binge Watcher

Yes, no channel numbers. There are stupid little symbols and every channel is mixed. Disgusting

elayne1126
Binge Watcher

You're funny. You people aren't going to do a darn thing. You're just handing out drool to appease everyone for now

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.