Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrybusch

Re: Latest channel guide "update" = VERY user UNfriendly... 🧐

I'm tired of this **bleep** too.  The UI was simple before this update. Leave Categories, recent channels, favorites at top of screen - still accessible if desired but not shoved down my throat like the assinine banners.

I definitely intend to be replacing my Roku TV because of this sort of nonsense.

May still us a USB/HDMI externally but even that is not likely because of changes implemented recently such as this and in Advanced Settings.

I don't think Samsung has these user tracking tricks gimmicks. But I'll find out. If anyone else has recommendations I'd certainly like to know.

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

There are now 2 open forums about this issue.  Its been a week & its still not fixed.  See: Tv guide goes to "Recent" when opening channel guide".  Many of us have already included device, serial no, model no etc on there.  This needs fixing now !

Widow12

Roku engineers have you ever heard of the old saying,  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".   Imagine my surprise  the day I turned on my Roku TV only to find this sorry update to  the channel guide.      The old "channel guide " format was so much better to use.

It is very frustrating for a person when changing channels, to always have to scroll 1/2 way down ( on the left side of the screen) until you reach ALL CHANNELS.   Then click on that and move the cursor to the right to scroll down the channels.  I need to do this EVERY TIME I want to change to a different channel !!

Suggestion :All channels should be the FIRST thing you see , followed by recent and favorites. 

However this new format is very user UNfriendly and will make me think twice about buying another ROKU TV.

roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Everyone following this thread needs to check out the rage over this same issue on this thread-at the moment up to 9 pages worth! WTG Roku!

Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guid... - Roku Community

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community regarding the Channel Guide update.

We appreciate you sharing these details and information, and we'd like to thank you for your feedback regarding this. We always aim to provide an optimal streaming experience. Rest assured that we have taken note of this feedback.

Once again, we value your input. Your satisfaction is essential to us,

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Moat
Streaming Star

Two weeks later, the channel guide is still broken - always opening in the "categories" column, instead of on the channel currently being watched, like it should.

TCL 43S431

Hardware ID; C133X

Serial number; X00000AWK2AX

Software version; 12.0.0 • build 4182-93

Device ID; S02RT16WK2AX

GC version; 10.1.25

Tracker ID; AX-381-176

You broke it. Now - fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Moat

Thank you for updating us and providing more details regarding the matter. Our team knows this issue, and the feature has not yet been officially launched. 

We will pass along the information you shared to the relevant team for further evaluation. Your comments are valuable to us. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Sincerely, 

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Moat
Streaming Star

Thanks for the update, @RokuERey . 🙂👍

Patiently standing by...

0 Kudos
Moat
Streaming Star

Latest channel guide "update" = still not fixed... 🤬

Well, another week goes by and still no fix. Roku broke my (our) television, time and time again, and seemingly could care less (regardless of the condescending, information-devoid, cut-and-paste "polite" responses of Roku forum staff).

Way to go, Roku - yay to you and your shareholders for suckering me into buying into this garbage. 

To all others; stay away - very, very far away... 😡👎

fs54
Reel Rookie

Re: Latest channel guide "update" = still not fixed... 🤬

Good morning Moat,

I currently have two Roku tv's and a Roku stick for a Vizio. Additionally I have both antenna and the "Roku Live Streaming" channels. I have been experiencing all of the symptoms and frustrations you and everyone else on these posts have been experiencing.

My channel guides are now working correctly and I have no idea why! The ONLY thing I did was add some channels to "Favorites" so I wouldn't have to go through all the other garbage, but still a major inconvenience. The next morning it was back to normal defaulting to "All Channels" and even defaulting to the last channel I watched! Even the stick is working correctly. Worth a try.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.