Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyger67

Image/ resolution quality is terrible after updating to 14.0.4

Since my Roku ultra received updat to 14.0.4 my resolution is terrible. Please help 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Image/ resolution quality is terrible after updating to 14.0.4

Hi @Lyger67,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We want to gather more details regarding this issue that you had. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Could you send us a photo?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
manga_0rigami
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB   I've created a community ID to post my issue w/ the new update, 14.0.4, that happened overnight 10/17/2024 at approximately 3:30AM EST.  I woke up and when I turned on my TV, I first noticed that my screensaver DIGITAL CLOCK(version 1.3) was a much, much smaller font size floating around than previously.  I then homed out on the remote and discovered that the "persistent RokuChannel ad" is floating in the way of Home apps, and the text HOME, STREAMING STORE, SEARCH, SETTINGS are also using the much smaller font size.  I've tried changing auto resolution from default 4K 60fps to other settings with no improvement.  I've included a few pictures detailing my description ...hopefully.  Would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions.  Thanks.  One more thing...I already have the Roku Channel installed and use it and am curious as to why there is still that sticky RokuChannel ad hanging around? 
notice placement of box under Disable Device Connect is abnormalnotice placement of box under Disable Device Connect is abnormalnotice Resetting network box appears properly placed compared to enable/disable device connect photonotice Resetting network box appears properly placed compared to enable/disable device connect photonotice add RokuChannel ad is floating well over menunotice add RokuChannel ad is floating well over menunotice in this shot same add RokuChannel ad is hovering anf blocking parts of menu and app Tilesnotice in this shot same add RokuChannel ad is hovering anf blocking parts of menu and app Tilesnotice I slide over and persistent add RokuChannel ad is hovering and covering on-screen keyboardnotice I slide over and persistent add RokuChannel ad is hovering and covering on-screen keyboard

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@manga_0rigami, have you tried a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
manga_0rigami
Reel Rookie

@renojim  as a matter of fact, renojim, I did do a System Restart via Settings shortly after my post.  And it worked.  I cannot believe I did not do that first.  I first checked my up-time and seen it was about 5 hours, I did not think a restart would matter as the 14.0.4 update forced a restart anyway.  But nonetheless, a restart/reboot will never go away. 

0 Kudos
Grammy1985

Update 14.0.4 on ruku 4640x now no channel apps working can not watch tv

Got up this morning and poof ruku not working right with this new update. Home screen shows home, search, streaming channels and setting and go to Hulu and it goes black then back to all the downloaded channel apps. Most all my channels won't work including the Ruku channel.  Have restarted several times and even took all connections off for over an hour plugged back in with HDMI, power cord and ethernet and still same problems. Something is definitely wrong with this update. . Not a happy rukuer. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.