Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracy85

I have a second hand roku tv. I can't replace the old email with my own.

Jump to solution

I am having issues with my used Roku tv. I can't add subscriptions because it is associated with the previous owner. I can't find any info about how to get me email associated with my tv.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a second hand roku tv. I can't replace the old email with my own.

Jump to solution

@Tracy85 

The only way to link/associate a Roku device or RokuTV to a different Roku account is to Factory Reset it.  Press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds on devices, 15+ seconds on a RokuTV.   Or you can go to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset  (**Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before performing a factory reset on any Roku device or RokuTV).

There is no way to log in/log out of Roku accounts.  You need to perform a Factory Reset and then use an existing Roku account (to link multiple Roku devices), or create a new Roku account.  A Roku account is based on the email address used.

Also cannot use the Roku mobile app to set-up/activate a Roku device or RokuTV. You need to first perform the setup/activation with a physical remote first.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a second hand roku tv. I can't replace the old email with my own.

Jump to solution

@Tracy85 

The only way to link/associate a Roku device or RokuTV to a different Roku account is to Factory Reset it.  Press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds on devices, 15+ seconds on a RokuTV.   Or you can go to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset  (**Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before performing a factory reset on any Roku device or RokuTV).

There is no way to log in/log out of Roku accounts.  You need to perform a Factory Reset and then use an existing Roku account (to link multiple Roku devices), or create a new Roku account.  A Roku account is based on the email address used.

Also cannot use the Roku mobile app to set-up/activate a Roku device or RokuTV. You need to first perform the setup/activation with a physical remote first.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102