Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robg999
Reel Rookie

Re: How to stop my Roku Streaming Stick from overheating

Jump to solution

Renojim’s device worked for me...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@588 

Thanks for the note.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Please feel free to send me a PM if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ECS 

Please be aware that the HDMI extender is only available for the Roku Streaming stick since it is the only device that is directly connected to the TV.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you need further assistance with your device overheating, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gigalo

Jump to solution

I have had my Roku stick (Model 3920) almost a year and now I am getting a display on my TV that the device is OVERHEATING,  It is in a COOL area and has not been moved since installing. I have unplugged the device several times to cool down because it is hot to the touch. I do NOT have a Red light displayed, just the normal flashing Green light. Is my device faulty??? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gigalo 

That's not considered a stick, its roku premiere. How are you powering it? Off a tv usb port or plugged into the wall outlet?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Gigalo 

Thanks for the note.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

If the issue is still not resolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ishtiaque
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was super happy with my Roku express for last six month or so, so I bought a brand new Roku stick+ yesterday from a local seller for my Samsung 4k tv. Within very short time of watching a show on amazon prime, Roku displayed the overheating message. I am shocked! The Roku express would run for hours without any problem. I am using the provided power supply and it's updated to the latest Firmwire.

I have ordered the HDMI extension cable, not sure how that will help as the back of my TV seems completely cooled down. But will give it a shot. Any other suggestions? Or is it just a bad hardware, which looking at the thread may people seems be complaining about 😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ishtiaque 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are still not able to resolve the issue after using the HDMI extension cord please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
SB3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku keeps over heating after being turned on for only 45 minutes. Eventually the program goes off. I just purchased it 2 months ago and it's impossible to get anyone on the phone supposedly due to the pandamic, which I don't see why that has anything to do with no customer service by phone?

SB3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos