Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeferson23
Channel Surfer

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

Give it  some time to roll the update out. I have 2 Rokus and only 1 is fixed. 

0 Kudos
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

@Jeferson23 - I just rebooted my Roku and checked for update and zip zero. There was no update. 

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184

Lasted updated: 5/10/23

You must have an inside connection.

0 Kudos
440mike
Binge Watcher

I have the same old version too.  12.0, no update.

0 Kudos
Cld2023
Reel Rookie

Thanks for this! The only programs shown for me on continue watching were from Discovery+. I changed my privacy settings on the discovery website and the programs disappeared from my home screen. Thank you! 

0 Kudos

This means your children can see previously watched adult rated programs and could be enticed to click.  You should definitely make this feature optional.  

0 Kudos
ChristianZane
Streaming Star

IMG_4271.jpeg

I am running v12 on an Ultra and the Continue Watching and Search are both gone and as mentioned before the icons are now 4 across so maybe reboot your system or perhaps they rolled out Ultra fixes on their end I have no idea but it’s gone.

0 Kudos

This morning I noticed "Continue Watching" was gone from all of my Roku devices AND the screen icons reverted to three across.

THANK YOU, ROKU!

Consider adding toggles for those who liked both of these features. Both of these elicited strong reactions so it's clear the best way forward is to provide options to enable/disable "Continue Watching" and perhaps choose how many icons may be displayed on the screen.

cle1353
Reel Rookie

I want to thank Roku for listening and taking action.  I agree with those who suggest a toggle, but I am very appreciative that the feature was removed so quickly.  A+ for listening and reacting.

lg1416
Reel Rookie

I also came here to report that Continue Watching is now gone. Thank you very much Roku!

RonIndy
Reel Rookie

I think we need to realize that our feedback and protest was the only thing that caused Roku to quickly stop the new "Continue watching" feature.

The feature was not a "bug" that was rolled out by mistake. It was a conscious decision that somehow was going to allow Ruku to monetize the information, probably by directing to shows that allowed more income from advertising. What Roku failed to acknowledge in their decision making was the extent of  customer's reaction to the violation of privacy.

Kudos are deserved by Netflix, whose shows were omitted from the "Continue watching" list. Evidently Netflix did not go along with Roku's willingness to violate their customers trust.

Kudos to everyone here that posted their concern about Roku's decision to put profit before exposure of their customer's children to adult content.

Please note that "Continue watching" still shows up under "What to watch" on the Home screen if "What to watch" is enabled in the Home -> Settings -> Home screen menu. Only turning off this setting will completely stop "Continue watching" from showing up in the Roku Home screen menu.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.