Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rejandvlj
Channel Surfer

How to remove categories under the What to Watch section that I will never use and cause problems!

Is there a way to get rid of all the categories off the What to Watch? They are totally unnecessary and even knock off categories that I want to use - which requires I keep going back to the home page over and over until the categories I use finally reappear! Streaming in Paris? Who gives a **bleep**! Musicians in Movies? DITTO!!! Etc!! HELP?

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
rejandvlj
Channel Surfer

Re: How to remove categories under the What to Watch section that I will never use and cause problem

No such thing on my roku tv, or anyone I know who has a roku tv, and not anywhere in my online account settings....

WhoDunnit
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove categories under the What to Watch section that I will never use and cause problem

I hate that stuff too. I don't take recommendations from anyone or anything but my own tastes and research. I don't watch regular TV at all. I actively search for what I want, BY NAME. The advertised stuff is just clutter on the screen. I always try to eliminate visual clutter...

It's annoying as **bleep**. * **bleep** I'll never ever watch. ie: "fantastic home flips".... "outside the kitchen." The new royal generation' "reality restaurants". mountain biking" just to name a few.... I don't know how to get rid of it. 

0 Kudos

"what to watch" suggestions are dumb(for me anyway)

On the "what to watch" screen...

$hit I'll never ever watch. ie: "fantastic home flips".... "outside the kitchen." The new royal generation' "reality restaurants". mountain biking" just to name a few.... I don't know how to get rid of it.

Obviously I can HIDE the "what to watch" but I'd actually like it to show stuff I'd watch. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @givepeaceachanc,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're seeing content that you don't watch on Roku. We would be more than willing to provide you with further details about this.

Please be informed that we don't have an option to remove the categories from What to Watch on Roku. However, the content on the Continue Watching and Save list categories, can be removed by following these steps:

1. From your Roku Home screen, navigate your remote to the What to Watch tab.
  2. Press the OK button on the Roku remote then select What to Watch or Save list.
  3. You will be able to see what are the content in these 2 categories and then choose what content you want to remove.
  4. Highlight the content you want to remove
  5. Press the Star (*) button on your Roku remote and choose "Remove from Continue Watching / Save list"

We hope you find this information helpful and please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I appreciate the response. However, I know how to "continue watching" & "save list." That's obviously stuff I WANT. That isn't the issue. as you stated There's no fix. For the "what to watch" subjects as I stated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rejandvlj
Channel Surfer

How about stop posting **bleep** that has nothing to do with what we ask? I KNOW how to do what you stated with the continue watching, etc.,  SO NO NEED TO POST THIS AS IF YOU ARE 'HELPING',  because you are NOT. This type of worthless meaningless **bleep** response just irritates people and you need to stop. Fix the problem addressed and stop posting worthless responses. Thanks!  🙂

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.