Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gideyup1
Reel Rookie

Re: How to keep the tv inputs as seperate channels like before

To Roku Community Moderator John:  Thanks for your feedback, but it just sounds like a lot of corporate blather...   Will just repost my earlier comment to the thread for you to take back to your IT Development team:  

This should be a simple code change to provide customers in "Settings" the option to change to 4 column or 3 column (call it compact and cozy just like how Google / Microsoft / Apple etc call their email displays).  Guys: This isn't rocket science, just provide customers with this option and all will be good.   

There are so many things to LOVE about the Roku Ecosystem, but this type of thing really makes you guys seem bush league compared to Apple/Amazon/Google streaming devices.   FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!!!

nwngti5

This is outrageous. A man's home (screen) is his castle. No one has the right to come into a man's home (screen) and change things around without his permission, darnit!

I bought a roku because I wanted three icons. If I had wanted more (or less) icons I would have bought something else.

This is an egregious violation of our privacy and consumer rights.

This is like a car company changing your three-door hatchback into a four-door sedan overnight without your knowledge, permission nor any way to revert back to the hatchback WHICH YOU BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!

I will gladly sign on to any class action brought if roku doesn't rectify this deliberate act of sabotage immediately.

Way to tick off your customers roku, nice job! You get the Bud Light award for the month.

Mmmart
Channel Surfer

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

What’s the best alternative to Roku since they are not listening to users about the 4 tiles vs 3? I have 4 Rokus along with the streambar pro but I am willing to change all of them over this as these are just too small.

MichVet
Binge Watcher

To Roku John - just tell us that for a fact an option will be in the next release that will allow 3 or 4 icons wide.  Or that you are getting rid of the ad on the right and giving the space up.  I am ok if you guys rush the fix in the next couple days.

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

The issue is they are not acknowledging the issue. If they acknowledge it and say we are working on it, it would a good thing. But we are getting ignored. They are treating us like a stepchild.  

XT1
Binge Watcher

This response from the "moderator" only makes things worse. You have completely ignored our concerns. 

Having a simpler more streamlined user experience was literally a feature you used as a selling point back when I purchased my 11 devices. (All Streaming Stick Pluses and Ultras) I agreed with your (back then) assertion that this was beneficial for removing "the clutter" and bloatware the other devices had. Now this? 

Who do you think you're kidding? Like all bloatware, we know these changes are all about giving you more real estate to sell and infringe on our user experience with more ads and such. 

That experience you're infringing on was the product we paid for.  It rightly belongs to the customer, not the company that sold it.  

Class action? Yeah.  Maybe?  I mean,  there've been worse legal actions for less.....
XT1
Binge Watcher

This response from the "moderator" only makes things worse. You have completely ignored our concerns. 

Having a simpler more streamlined user experience was literally a feature you used as a selling point back when I purchased my 11 devices. (All Streaming Stick Pluses and Ultras) I agreed with your (back then) assertion that this was beneficial for removing "the clutter" and bloatware the other devices had. Now this? 

Who do you think you're kidding? Like all bloatware, we know these changes are all about giving you more real estate to sell and infringe on our user experience with more ads and such. 

That experience you're infringing on was the product we paid for.  It rightly belongs to the customer, not the company that sold it.  

Class action? Yeah.  Maybe?  I mean,  there've been worse legal actions for less.....

BillinSD

I only have 3 app, so smaller icons to fit more on screen is irrelevant to me.  I prefer 3 cols, but can live with 4.  But putting inputs in a folder is different.  I have two inputs, but one is a sound bar, so I really only have CABLE.  I can’t remove the sound bar from the folder, so have to go into INPUTS to select the only available input.  This is confusing my 81 yr old MIL who doesn’t understand why she can’t just turn on the set and click on the CABLE icon anymore.

evil-period
Channel Surfer

Hate to ask you @RokuJohnB , but repeatedly punch whoever's idea this was in the face, you can let them know you're only doing your job.  But seriously express how angry everyone is at this update and demand that they implement accessibility options that allow us to revert the grid, something in a secret menu, really anything that will get it back to the way it was before.

SarahRose

Just posting to let you know that I will be buying new devices from a different company, this is ridiculous!

Stop screwing with our home screens!!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.