Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacob1017
Channel Surfer

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

Yes. For several months. Also, the order of recorded shows in a series is mixed up.

I wish ROKU had an option like DirecTV not to record reruns or already watched episodes. Their system just isn't very sophisticated, but I do like the unlimited recording - not that I will ever get around to everything I have recorded. 

On another matter, please let us delete programs we've watched. I hate scrolling through hundreds of shows I've already watched. 

HappyHeads

How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

I'm currently helping my parents with their Roku tv. Roku has always been the best choice for its simplicity and large easy-to-read icons.

Today it appears an update went through that lumped all tv inputs into one app in addition to locking everything into a 4-icon width grid. Now I would prefer to keep the icons for the inputs as separate icons for ease of use since they are switched regularly in my household. I can not seem to find a setting to revert it back.

The 4 icon width is also annoying I was initially going to report it as a bug. I understand the appeal for some but for my parents with seeing issues, it has become quite the annoyance. If I could downgrade I could because my overall experience with my Roku tv has been diminished 

mattbot13

Bumping this. I even have a larger TV and I just want bigger icons. It was fine and there is literally no reason that it has to change. Give us an option to select how many icons we have in screen at a time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we are done with Roku products.  Just ordered a Shield. At least with the Shield you can turn off updates. It feels like Roku is circling the drain. It's a shame because it used to be a great device.

XT1
Binge Watcher

I want to add my voice to those that are protesting. I hate this change.  Please change it back. 

XT1
Binge Watcher

I have 11 Roku devices active in my properties.  We worked hard to organize the home screen on all of them to match and be intuitive to what we watch most and to be placed where we wanted the icons placed.  We purchased Roku products specifically because they were simpler and less cluttered than the competitors. This trashy design feels like a cheap ripoff of the lesser design of your competitors.  I definitely am not impressed Roku! I resent the forced nature of the "update"/downgrade

Reel Rookie

Re: What’s with the new layout

Just saw the updated layout on my roommates TV. I am not a fan of it either. At the bare minimal, allow an option between 3x3 and 4x4.

DefenderXX
Reel Rookie

I am not a fan of the changes to the home screen. I prefer three columns for the apps. I prefer to have the inputs listed out, and not collected in a sub folder. Mostly, I would prefer to have an option as far as how I view the home screen. Please allow us the option to change it back. Aesthetically, these changes are a downgrade.

I currently use three Roku TVs, as well as two connected streaming devices. These changes to the operating system will make me more hesitant to go with Roku in the future.

aei

This forced change would have been annoying even if there were an easy way to revert it. But there isn't (at least none that anyone seems to have found)! I'd always known that Roku could change my user experience however and whenever they wanted. Now, however, they have shown that they not only can, but will, and with no regard for my personal preferences.

User trust is a precious commodity, and Roku has lost mine.

jpearsall
Reel Rookie

Add settings option so user can change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

Beginning this month (September 2023), all 4 of my Roku devices (Roku2, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+ and Roku Ultra) have recently changed the Home Screen App Display from 3 columns to 4 columns.  Between my senior eyes and my 32" TV's the new 4 column format is very difficult to use.  I did have a online chat Customer Support (Incident #8214053), and they indicated that they would send this to development.  I understand that many users with large TV's prefer the new 4 column format, but I don't think enough consideration was given for those users that need to keep the 3 column format.  

Please consider developing an way for users to choose between the 3 column and 4 column home screen app display.

20230902_215910.jpg