Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dannydigital
Reel Rookie

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

Dollars to donuts this is just another ad revenue money grab. Just like the buttons on the remotes.. the more they can say X streaming service's logo showed up in front of users' eyes, the more money they get.

If you want to kick them in the teeth for this, put a bunch of low-level apps like TED and AKC and CNET on your main screen, and use voice or remote buttons to launch apps (so none of the streamers that are paying them to do this ever show up on your screen).

dannydigital
Reel Rookie

Btw, has anyone else started having problems with tracking of watched episodes around the same time this issue happened?

Sta-c
Reel Rookie

According to roku this is their new home screen but they are taking feedback. Please go on Facebook messenger and tell them to change it back... that is how I just got my answer

Sta-c
Reel Rookie

Go to Facebook messenger and tell them we want it back larger or to have the option to change it back.  They said this is their new home screen! They are taking the feedback and hopefully will change it back

Sta-c
Reel Rookie

Please go to their messenger and tell them... they responded to me and are taking the feedback 

Sta-c
Reel Rookie

Tiles are now to SMALL for people with distance vision issues

• Please change the icons/tiles back to 3 in a row and larger in size or give us the option in settings to fix it back!
AK2OH
Reel Rookie

Here we go again.  First it was the “Continue Watching” on the Home Screen which no one likes but Roku customer service doesn’t care what customers want.

Now it’s 4 shrunk down app icons across.  My mother has optical myopathy, no way she can see these even on her 75” TV (which she needs to just watch TV).  We will probably have to explore other streaming devices for her.  This is because Roku doesn’t listen (example: “Continue Watching” on Home Screen)

Hey Roku, for disability reasons under accessibility, why note make it so we can adjust the icons to whatever we need.  1, 2, 3, OR 4 app columns.  I know a few people who are visually impaired who would love much bigger ones in 2 in columns.

jacob1017
Channel Surfer

Exactly. I have macular degeneration and a 65" ugly monster TV, that's mostly a blur. My husband is a big help. But he's hard of hearing. We joke if you put us together we make one fully functioning person. 

jerankin2
Binge Watcher

I agree with you. They have disrupted the home screen twice in a month now, and both changes are irritating when there's no option to decline the changes. Their teams are not researching user preferences before they dump these changes onto us.

What's worse, they won't even acknowledge these complaints on this forum, at least so far. Not a single response to this thread. We should not have to go to Facebook to complain!

Chicken
Roku Guru

Hey Roku, you manage to stink worse each and every day, good job!