Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Home Screen New Input Folder

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate you providing this feedback to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along this information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We appreciate your patience and understanding for the time being.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is this a bad joke? Roku updates the software to add a brand new folder for inputs and now you want us to research all this info on our devices so you can "investigate"? 

I have the result of your investigation care of Cord Cutters News - Roku has already confirmed they have done this:
"Recently, Roku has confirmed to Cord Cutters News that they are testing a new home screen with more icons on the screen. Now, it seems Roku is also testing out folders on the home screen". Heres a link to the article - my device ID is irrelevant:

Roku is Testing a New Home Screen With Folders | Cord Cutters News

I will not do homework to confirm what Roku already knows. I didnt sign up to be a free beta tester. Roku knows what this is and Roku needs to fix this. Clearly its not satisfying users so whats the end game? Control? Discourage users from using something other than the Roku interface? I'm not appreciating this.

notninja

Jump to solution

I too have this folder for inputs. It makes it really inconvenient for adding an extra step. It would be much better if we were able to have custom folders instead, where we can have control of what app to put in. In the mean time is there a way to downgrade or request a hotfix due to this regression?

StarCat768

Jump to solution

I just got my first Roku TV. A small one in the bedroom. I wanted to add my Switch to the Home Screen. I do not want to default to my Switch on HDMI 1, I just want it to not be annoying to get to it when I do want it. To read that I can’t because of some dumb experiment that I have the bad luck of having to deal with on my first Roku product makes me think I won’t consider a Roku TV when I upgrade the living room tv from a 65” to a 75” or an 85” like I plan to.

Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Rey, what I'm really not understanding is that it's now Nov 13th, 2 months after this appeared. Not 1 positive comment, EVERYONE hates this. Feels like Roku is flipping us the bird. No better way to drive customers away. Why is this? 

JeffR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Tequila,
I totally agree. I have actually taken to going behind my TV and disconnecting the other inputs, that I don't use as often, DVD, chromecast, and leave the satellite plugged in so that I only have the one input on my screen. When I want to watch a DVD I just plug it back in. A real pain in the ass but less of a pain than having to deal with selecting the input folder all the time on the screen.
>
Additionally I every time I watch something on antenna , live, or a streaming channel after I am done I select the program from "continue watching'" and delete it so that it doesn't appear next time I navigate to the home screen.
>
I can deal with the channel icons being in four rows instead of three because I have a large enough screen but I did prefer it in three rows, made navigation easier.
>
The 'open ended' responses that Roku gives are pretty much useless in my opinion, they're gonna do whatever they want even though their consumers aren't happy about it.
As said, hopefully it's just beta testing, but I doubt it.
I guess the upside is it does give me something to feed my OCD, gives my something to do. LOL.
Thanks for the reply.

Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku finally came to their senses & changed this back - thank you! Now all that's left is to reset all apps back to their old order. 

JeffR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Some changes have been made on my home screen but my inputs are still in a folder.
I can "hide" continue watching and I can adjust icon size.
I now have a suggested viewing strip which I guess is ok.

0 Kudos
A-Leo

Jump to solution

Overnight my home screen changed and now my inputs are in a folder instead of conveniently displayed as they were yesterday. There seems to be no way to fix this and I hate having to do an extra step to get to my most used apps! Roku needs to fix this or at least let us put our screens back if we want to.

merlinpatt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can't believe with multiple discussions and people commenting that Roku still hasn't fixed this.

Give us the option for separate TV inputs. It's not that hard!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.