Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbw111

Hearing aid use and the rest of the family

Jump to solution

Equipment:

Samsung TV

Samsung soundbar

Roku Ultra

Oticon TV Adapter

My husband has new hearing aids.  We bought the Oticon Tv Adapter to stream the TV to his hearing aids.  Problem when he does this the TV switches to TV Speakers only (takes he soundbar out of the setup) and he is the only one that can hear the TV.  

We are looking for an option so he can hear the TV through his hearing aids and the rest of the family hear the TV via the Soundbar.

I understand Roku has hearing aid solution but it would only work for him and the rest of us can’t hear the TV.

We wanted to upgrade to a Sonos Arc soundbar but not until we solve our main problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hearing aid use and the rest of the family

Jump to solution

Hi @rbw111,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you want to connect your Roku Ultra to your husband's hearing aid and your Samsung soundbar at the same time. I'll be more than happy to provide you with more information about this.

Hearing aid and soundbar cannot be used at the same time because when you're using the hearing aid, it will activate a private listening mode, and this feature mutes the TV speaker or the soundbar.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rbw111,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you want to connect your Roku Ultra to your husband's hearing aid and your Samsung soundbar at the same time. I'll be more than happy to provide you with more information about this.

Hearing aid and soundbar cannot be used at the same time because when you're using the hearing aid, it will activate a private listening mode, and this feature mutes the TV speaker or the soundbar.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think the OP needs a Samsung TV setting (which it may not have), or a sound bar with an output (I don’t know how common those are.) 

I think most AVRs could do this. For example, besides the HDMI and speaker out, my AVR has three sets of line level audio outs.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.