Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD93

Has my new Roku ultra LT been tampered with?

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku ultra lt 4810 (2023) from Amazon. It came unwrapped, which seems suspicious. I set it up and the white light on the front never turns off, even if the TV is off. The player is hardwired using the Ethernet port.  Is there a chance it was tampered with? I have Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Has my new Roku ultra LT been tampered with?

Jump to solution

Dear @SD93,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have some concerns about the white light indicator on your Roku streaming device. We would like to clarify that this light is intended to be on as long as your device is powered on. Roku streaming players are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet, hence the light is usually white or off. You may notice that it flashes when you press buttons on your remote control, which is normal.

We hope this clarifies things for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Has my new Roku ultra LT been tampered with?

Jump to solution

Dear @SD93,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have some concerns about the white light indicator on your Roku streaming device. We would like to clarify that this light is intended to be on as long as your device is powered on. Roku streaming players are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet, hence the light is usually white or off. You may notice that it flashes when you press buttons on your remote control, which is normal.

We hope this clarifies things for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos