Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iMadMan

Fioptics+ app not available for Roku?

Jump to solution

Will Roku be adding the Fioptics+ app? I have Fioptics Internet in my home and using cable boxes (for a monthly fee) to watch TV programs. I could reduce my monthly fee for cable boxes if the Fioptics+ app was available for Roku. The Fioptics+ app is currently available for the Amazon Fire Stick! I may have to trash all of my Roku Streaming Sticks and purchase a few Amazon Fire Sticks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fioptics+ app not available for Roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @sealady61,

Thanks for the first post here in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand you are inquiring about the Fioptics+ channel on Roku. We don't have any information to share at the moment about when the channel will be available on Roku.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them again and let them know you want their streams available on Roku.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You’ll need to ask fioptics about that.  Except for a few apps with Roku in the name (Roku Channel, Roku Media Player), other channels/apps are written by the content providers.

Banned but back. Because why not?
MRSchock

Jump to solution

I recently had to upgrade the control boxes, and it turns out that the new Amazon Firesticks do not work with my LG TV, and neither do the Altafiber control boxes.  Roku works, but it is unfortunate that I can't get to Fioptics Plus through anything that works on the rather-new TV.

0 Kudos
sealady61

Jump to solution

I was told by an agent at the Altafiber store yesterday that the Fioptics+ app will not be available on Roku until Roku's contract with Spectrum has expired.   Evidently, there is some sort of conflict of interest which prevents Roku from uploading the Fioptics+ app. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sealady61,

Thanks for the first post here in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand you are inquiring about the Fioptics+ channel on Roku. We don't have any information to share at the moment about when the channel will be available on Roku.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them again and let them know you want their streams available on Roku.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator