Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M2z

Error 007 can't update software (11.5.0.4235) to (11.5.0.4312)

Jump to solution

A few days ago my roku started to act up! the audio was off, voices were out of sync and the remote started to do strange things.  Then it gave me error 007, after replying to msg, for an update, i then got error. "007, cant update software, please try again later".  I tried later and got the same.  I reset the roku stick on back of tv, then turned on tv and went thru a process and got the same.  Could somebody help me please! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 007 can't update software (11.5.0.4235) to (11.5.0.4312)

Jump to solution

Hi @mikenbarb!

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your connectivity issue with the error code 007. We are here happy to help you in any way we can. 

Please be advised that a mobile hotspot is where you can access the internet wirelessly using a mobile device. Many hotspots utilize cellular data to establish connections between devices, including Roku devices, to the internet via Wi-Fi. If your Roku device cannot detect a Wi-Fi signal and if it will connect to either the hotspot or mobile data without any problem it means the issue likely lies with your router's Wi-Fi signal being undetectable by the device.

You can try resetting your Roku device's network connection by following the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced System Settings.
  4. Select Network Connection Reset.
  5. Select Reset Connection.

To learn more on how to improve your network connection please visit our support article page on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
M2z

Error 007 can't update software (11.5.0.4235) to (11.5.0.4312)

Jump to solution

Same with me pal.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @M2z,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are still having trouble with the update error on your Roku device. We appreciate some steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue.

Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your Roku device and get it set up? Then, once your Roku device has been set up, try connecting back to your home wireless network.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikenbarb

Jump to solution

having the same problem. network signal strong, told software update available but every time I try all that happens is error 007 and advice to try again later

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mikenbarb!

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your connectivity issue with the error code 007. We are here happy to help you in any way we can. 

Please be advised that a mobile hotspot is where you can access the internet wirelessly using a mobile device. Many hotspots utilize cellular data to establish connections between devices, including Roku devices, to the internet via Wi-Fi. If your Roku device cannot detect a Wi-Fi signal and if it will connect to either the hotspot or mobile data without any problem it means the issue likely lies with your router's Wi-Fi signal being undetectable by the device.

You can try resetting your Roku device's network connection by following the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced System Settings.
  4. Select Network Connection Reset.
  5. Select Reset Connection.

To learn more on how to improve your network connection please visit our support article page on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos