Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanonpawt

Differences in Roku devices

I am using a Roku device that was gi en to me as a gift by my daughter years ago, in an attempt to bring me into the age of technology. It has worked well and conti ues to do so.

But I see a fairly large number of Roku devices that have different sizes and shapes. My questions are.

Is there any difference in the capabilities of these different Rokus?

Are newer devices substantially better than older ones?

Is there any reason to ditch my older Roku for a newer model?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Differences in Roku devices

Yes, later models can have features and capabilities beyond those of earlier ones.  Speed and responsiveness has increased substantia!!y in recent years.  Some channel apps make use of these additions and won't run on older units. 

Your question can be better answered if we know what model and model number you have now.  You can find this info via Roku menu path Settings > System > About

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos