Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nevis220

Connecting my Laptop to my HIsense Roku TV to mirror my Laptop

I, too, am not able to connect(mirror) to my Hisense Roku TV via my Samsung laptop.  However, I am able to mirror using another laptop(HP).  As for my Samsung laptop, with everything set up correctly, it starts to connect, but never connects and then times out.  I would love a fix for this.  I should not have to purchase an additional Miracast Dongle to connect.  Any suggestions are welcome.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting my Laptop to my HIsense Roku TV to mirror my Laptop

Hi @nevis220,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

After you select your Roku TV from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection, did the Roku TV receives a screen mirroring request? You can define how an incoming screen mirroring request is handled by changing the screen mirroring mode on your Roku device. For more details and instructions, read the article about How to screen mirror your Android or Windows phone to your Roku streaming device or Roku TV

If you continue to have issues connecting to a wireless display on your Windows device, contact Microsoft support for help.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.