Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrimStone

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

I am having a similar problem with my TCL Roku 55" TV.  I've had this TV since December 2023 and never had any problems with it OR the Roku software until about 2 weeks ago.  I did the chat with support, he wanted me to take a picture of the problem and send it to him, he didn't seem to understand the problem and I did.  My problem is the channel NUMBERS are missing from the channel names.  Support said to do a factory reset of my network settings.  I told him that will not fix the problem, I do not have any network problems, it's Roku software. He insisted since he had no other suggestions.  Factory reset of my network connection did NOT fix it as I told him.  I eventually did a FULL FACTORY RESET of the TV.  That worked for a day.  The next day the problem comes back when I turned on the TV. I did another FACTORY RESET, that worked for a day.  The TV can be powered OFF for a few hours or overnight.  When powered on again, the problem comes back, missing ALL the channel numbers.  The TV is plugged into a brand new APC surge protector, just like ALL my electronics.  I've worked on computers and other electronics for 4 DECADES !!!  I am familiar with hardware and software.  The problem is ROKU. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BrimStone, with all due respect, this thread is about missing tiles/icons, not missing channel numbers.  For missing channel numbers, see this:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Channel-numbers-missing-in-Roku-Live-TV/m-p/...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bratface
Streaming Star

This is a continuation of my previous thread about channel numbers

Jump to solution

I tried to add a reply to a thread I started back in December 2023 but it seems a moderator has closed the discussion because they THINK they have resolved the problem!

What I wanted to add is, that they took away the channel numbers but were still advertising channels by their numbers! 🙄 But now that the channel numbers are back they are advertising channels WITHOUT A NUMBER!!! Who is the dimwit who decided that? Why is it so hard to make things EASIER FOR YOUR CUSTOMER????

0 Kudos
bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The only sensible answer is to chuck it in the bin & buy a TV WITHOUT THE ROKU OS!

0 Kudos

Re: Missing tiles / icons on Home Screen

Jump to solution

@mrgiggle

This worked for me.  Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
hoppinhal
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing tiles / icons on Home Screen

Jump to solution

I've never had Roku ever give me a fox that actually worked. It is always a runaround.  I have had icons disappearing in my screen for several weeks now hoping they would fix the issue. It again is clear they have software issues and no answer. I'm almost at the point I want change to another format for my streaming video. 

0 Kudos
Zugunrhu

Jump to solution

Bring back channel numbers as the default.

0 Kudos
Ceil

Jump to solution

I can’t get my numbers back on guild. Please bring numbers back,can’t see the icons.

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Zugunrhu @Ceil,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We value your feedback and experiences with the new Live TV Guide, as they assist us in our ongoing enhancements.

For those inquiring about the channel number setting in the Live TV Guide, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  2. Press the * button to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select the "Sort channel list" setting.
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number".
  5. Select your preferred option to apply the changes.

By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display. If you prefer a sequential order that displays channel numbers, select "By Channel Number".

We trust you'll find this information useful. Should you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
machele29

Jump to solution

Thank you SO VERY MUCY Mary for explaining step by correct step because I saw another that was aLmost like yours, but they were not accurate when saying to GO TO THE CHANNEL LOGOS, and I was all over the place clicking on everything that said channel.....LOL  So thank you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.