Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeeeeeeeTooooo
Reel Rookie

Change frequency on streaming device

I have multiple Roku devices in my house and they are interfering with each other.  If I cant solve this I'll move off roku to another device to prevent further issues.  

Can i change the frequency of the streaming stick then re-pair the remote to it.  Looking for a means so the two players don't interfere with each other.  I happen to have three roku's and they are all on the same frequency.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Change frequency on streaming device

Hi @MeeeeeeeTooooo

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing interference issues with your multiple Roku devices. Unfortunately, Roku streaming devices do not have the ability to change the frequency that they use to communicate with the remote control.

However, there are a few things you can try to minimize the interference:

• Use an Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi: If your Roku devices are using Wi-Fi to connect to your home network, switching to a wired Ethernet connection can help reduce interference and improve performance.
  • Change the wireless channel on your router: Your Roku devices communicate with your router using Wi-Fi, so changing the wireless channel on your router can help reduce interference. You can usually do this in your router's settings.
  • Move the Roku devices further apart: If possible, try moving your Roku devices further apart from each other to reduce interference.
  • Try using different types of Roku devices: Different models of Roku devices use different types of wireless signals, so using a mix of different models may reduce interference.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MeeeeeeeTooooo
Reel Rookie

I am trying to change the remote (paired) device with the streaming device, not the wireless frequency to the router).  Can that signal be changed?

When i turn power on/off.. it's changing all roku's, not just this one.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @MeeeeeeeTooooo

Thank you for the post.

To better understand your situation, we would like to ask a few questions. Firstly, what models of Roku devices are you using? Knowing this information can help us determine if certain models are more prone to interference than others.

Additionally, how far apart are the Roku devices from each other? It is possible that the interference can be reduced simply by moving the devices further apart.

Once we have this information, we can provide you with more specific solutions to help reduce the interference and improve the performance of your Roku devices.

Thank you for choosing Roku, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MeeeeeeeTooooo
Reel Rookie

The three models at play

Originally

9102X (streambar) with 3941x These two combinations were bad.! (the worst).

So i swapped the 3941x with 3900x, (lower model)

Now I have 9102x (streambar), with the  3900x, those are the two units fairly close to each other Iwith a wall between them  ...the 3941x was removed so no chance of interference.

Roku streambar is in living room, approx 12 feet away from the wall. (strait away to the couch)  There is an opening in the wall (walkway) to the dining room... the second TV is in the dining room, approx 35 feet away.

When we flip channels etc, , both Roku's change at the same time.  The Roku in the dining room does not interfere with the streamstick... but when doing activity on the streamstick....both unit's change at the same time.

0 Kudos
MeeeeeeeTooooo
Reel Rookie

Okay,  I understand

Suggestion for Roku, have the option to set 3-4 bands, you can (operationally set a Bluetooth band then pair the remote to the Roku.  This would allow you to use any remote on any roku (same remote on any player) or in my case, allow you to keep the remotes independent (this would work both ways). 

I am NOT referencing the wireless signal to the Ethernet router, this is the Bluetooth on the remote control to the Roku device.

My thoughts!

0 Kudos