Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedWine
Reel Rookie

Fast Forward Question/Suggestion

I'm new to Roku so I don't know if there's a different remote I can get or a setting somewhere within Roku that I can change.  While fast forwarding a program, you have no idea when to stop fast forwarding because you can't see the progress of the fast forward action. All other remotes I've used with other TV providers, cable or satellite, you can see when the commercial has ended so you know when to stop fast forwarding.  Anyone know if Roku is looking into this function? Could be a deal-breaker for me, it is very annoying having to stop so often to see if the commercial has ended.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fast Forward Question/Suggestion

Welcome! What you are asking about is under the total control of the provider of that channel. It isn't the Roku itself that controls that functionality, it has to be programmed into the channel/app. Roku themselves only provide The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. All other channels are offered by 3rd parties. Many channels offer that ability, but not all. I thought that Roku had added that as a requirement for channel certification, but perhaps it only applies to newly created channels, and older ones are "grandfathered" in.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RedWine
Reel Rookie

Re: Fast Forward Question/Suggestion

Thanx for the info, I appreciate it

0 Kudos