Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaiQuinzel
Reel Rookie

Cant Access Subtitles on Disney Plus

Jump to solution

I am not sure whats happening. I have the settings on for the captions to always be on, and I don't have the option in the upper right-hand corner to put them on that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cant Access Subtitles on Disney Plus

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ShaiQuinzel!

We appreciate you reaching out about utilizing the closed captioning option inside the Disney Plus channel on your Roku. We're happy to provide further information and help you contact the proper support.

In addition to what our Roku streaming expert provided, please note that enabling closed captioning directly in your Roku settings may not allow it within the Disney Plus channel. They provided their own channel on the Roku streaming platform and it will be highly effective if you directly notify them about this.

You may reach them here: Disney Plus Channel Support

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ShaiQuinzel-

You can set your preferred default Closed Caption choice in Roku, but not all channel apps honor the Roku defaults.

In Disney+, while viewing a program, try pressing the * key on your Roku remote to bring up your options.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ShaiQuinzel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, im doing that already. Its still not working. I already have the closed captions on via the little *. I have even toggled then on and off to see if that works. It doesn't. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ShaiQuinzel!

We appreciate you reaching out about utilizing the closed captioning option inside the Disney Plus channel on your Roku. We're happy to provide further information and help you contact the proper support.

In addition to what our Roku streaming expert provided, please note that enabling closed captioning directly in your Roku settings may not allow it within the Disney Plus channel. They provided their own channel on the Roku streaming platform and it will be highly effective if you directly notify them about this.

You may reach them here: Disney Plus Channel Support

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator