Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylvia2

Re: Cannot get screen mirroring to work via direct wifi using any device

My Roku does not give me a option to screen mirror 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Sylvia2 wrote:

My Roku does not give me a option to screen mirror 

What model Roku do you have? I just checked my Ultra 4670, and the Screen Mirroring menu is under Settings/System. There are only two available options. First is mirroring mode, which is prompt, always allow or never allow. The other is simply a list of devices that you have permitted to connect. This setting is completely separate from AirPlay, and one does not control the other.

Remember that Screen Mirroring is only available from some devices. You can use a Windows 10 laptop (or a desktop if it has a wireless network card), or an Android device (phone or tablet). iOS devices would use AirPlay to accomplish the same thing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
murillo

I found that almost every time someone starts giving help with some problem with login or casting to t.v. and goes on and on with all kinds of instructions,  that it takes forever, most of the time is not necessary. A simple answer always works best.

I will post my answers and experiences hope will help someone.

murillo

0 Kudos
AdamjRFA

after doing all of these steps with my laptop, im having the same issues. although it used to work perfectly, it randomly stopped one day.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@AdamjRFA wrote:

after doing all of these steps with my laptop, I'm having the same issues. although it used to work perfectly, it randomly stopped one day.

Just tried it, as I haven't screen mirrored my computer in some time. I have my Windows 10 laptop connected to my Ultra 4800. I did have a hiccup when I connected, as the laptop lost connection to my WiFi (although the screen mirror remained connected). But it reconnected to my WiFi, and I'm typing this right now looking at my display on my 55" LG 4K TV. I didn't have to touch any settings on the Roku or the computer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rgraw
Reel Rookie

Thanks!   New Win 11 laptop, added device and now mirroring just fine.  Your post made me take another look as I had given up!  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.