Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serlcb
Binge Watcher

Can't mirror Samsung S20 screen on Roku Premiere 3920RW using Smart View or Windows

Dear All, I have a Roku Premiere (3920RW software version 11.5.0 revision 4312-91) and a Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F with OneUi 5.1 and Android 13. 

I can mirror my S20 screen directly on my Samsung TV (it supports both Samsung Smart View and AirPlay). 

I can also mirror it using my Chromecast.

I can also mirror both my iPad and MacBookPro screens on my Roku Premiere using AirPlay.

But I can't mirror my S20 or any Windows laptop on Roku. When I start Smart View on S20, it shows my Roku device as available mirror device. But if choose it, no message appears on Roku asking to accept the connection and after some time Smart View on the S20 gives up and shows a message about pressing the power button on the the TV (obviously the message doesn't apply to me since I am trying to mirror to a Roku device, not a TV).

The same happens in Windows. The Roku shows on the list of available devices, but Windows gives up connecting after some minutes.

I tries with another Samsung phone (a friend's S21) but it also does not work.

I already tried the available suggestions I found, as setting the configuration do "Prompt", restarting all devices, restarting the access point and changing Wi-Fi from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz (my Roku device actually doesn't support 5GHz wi-fi network).

I wonder if anyone here knows what to do in order to fix this.

Is this Roku Premiere bug?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't mirror Samsung S20 screen on Roku Premiere 3920RW using Smart View or Windows

Hi @serlcb,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than happy to assist. Upon reading your post, you seem to be running the older version of the Roku OS. Would you mind checking for available updates by navigating to Settings > System > System Updates and trying to update your Roku device?

After this, kindly check if you're able to see if you're able to connect to the Screen Mirroring feature.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
serlcb
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't mirror Samsung S20 screen on Roku Premiere 3920RW using Smart View or Windows

Hi @RokuTakashi 

Thanks for the reply. 

My system is running Software version 12.00, Revision: 4184.

Going to Settings > System > System Updates it says that there no updates available.

Tks,

Sérgio

0 Kudos
serlcb
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuTakashi 

Any news about this problem?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @serlcb,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

With all your troubleshooting steps, we believe this concern needs an in-depth assessment. That being said, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Mobile device brand, model, serial number, and OS version.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Also, a photo of the screen you've been receiving while trying to perform screen mirroring would be a great help.

Once more information has been gathered, we can pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Was there any resolution to this?  I've just got a Roku Streambar which is not appearing on my S20 as a screen I can cast to. My Galaxy Tab A8 can cast without issue.

0 Kudos
serlcb
Binge Watcher

Not yet. No reply from Roku Support

0 Kudos
serlcb
Binge Watcher

Dear @RokuJanadeeK 

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

I have a Roku Premiere (3920RW) software version 11.5.0 revision 4312-91

• Mobile device brand, model, serial number, and OS version.

Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F, Samsung Galaxy S23 SM-S911B, both with OneUi 5.1 and Android 13.

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Roku shows no message or specific screen when I try to mirror the screen. It just won't connect.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @jonny_neutrino!

Thanks for reaching out regarding your screen mirroring issues. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Refer to our Support article for further assistance and details about How to screen mirror your Android Roku streaming device. 

Let us know how it goes! We'll be anticipating your update.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @serlcb.

Thanks for providing us with the precise information requested by @RokuJanadeeK

Rest assured, we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this.  

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos