Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't Update Roku OS to 11 & Peacock app won't load

Jump to solution

Hi @MikeSW1974,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

For us to isolate your issue, we would also suggest trying to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot then you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

ok that doesn't help whatsoever; I don't have a mobile hotspot to use & I've already done everything stated there on that "help' page.  

0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

thank you; how do I go about getting them to do that for me ? 

0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

would u do this for me? 

I think some Roku devices may get stuck/locked or "forgotten" when users request a firmware rollback.  Looks like you did this back in June 2022 for a HDCP issue.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/OS-10-5-HDCP-Error-need-assistance/m-p/804499#...

-----

Likely going to need to have Roku push the update manually.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MikeSW1974,

We appreciate your patience regarding this issue.

We would recommend trying to check for a system update after 10-15 minutes from now by going to Settings > System > System update. Then once your device has been updated, try checking any channel if you are still having an issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to update the software on your Roku TV or Roku streaming player | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MikeSW1974 

Looks like your update is on the way.

@RokuMary-F  👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar   thank u both; that worked 🙂 I was able to update and after the update, peacock app works again too. I appreciate your help.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@MikeSW1974,

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device not updating to the latest OS after a manual update, please let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos