Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masonmarchhouse
Reel Rookie

Broadband Saver still operative even though disabled

Hi, we have a Streaming Stick 4K with an LG TV in the UK.

In settings, we have disabled the Broadband saver but still after about 4 hours, even though we are watching TV (B.....Y Wimbledon!) the banner appears 'Want to keep watching? Press any button. Otherwise playback will stop shortly.'  I have a photo of the screen but there seems to be no way to include a screenshot in this post.

I have searched through settings for some other cause, but neither in the stick settings, or on BBC iPlayer can I see any reason for this to be still happening.

I have switched the band saver on, then off again, still the same problem. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Broadband Saver still operative even though disabled

Many channels implement their own bandwidth savers. Because they are concerned about their bandwidth not yours, they often have no option to disable.

Banned but back. Because why not?
masonmarchhouse
Reel Rookie

Re: Broadband Saver still operative even though disabled

Thanks for that, but does anyone know if the BBC iPlayer has that feature?

Knowing this would let me know for sure whether the problem is a Roku glitch or not

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.