Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbj_lbj

Both online and offline upgrades failed.

Hello everyone, I encountered a very outrageous upgrade. My device is a TCL625 series. Since April this year, it has been showing an error code 004 that cannot be upgraded online. I restored the factory settings today and it still shows the error code 004. Then I upgraded using a USB flash drive without being connected to the Internet. It prompted me that the upgrade failed. I don’t know what went wrong. The offline upgrade steps are all performed according to the official website. Restarting and restoring factory settings will prompt failure. thank you all.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Both online and offline upgrades failed.

Thanks for sharing this concern for us to address. @lbj_lbj,

We appreciate you specifying the error code you have been receiving. We believe this error code has something to do with a failed software update that is mainly caused by your network connection. Please be advised that to update your device's software successfully, it needs to have a stable internet connection. We do appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue. However, kindly try to perform this on your router instead of rebooting the device.

Moreover, we'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update your device.

Ultimately, we would recommend looking at the troubleshooting steps provided by our support page here.

We hope this helps. Kindly keep us in the loop.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos