Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhoDunnit
Reel Rookie

Re: App Order keeps changing even though it is set to Manual

Jump to solution

Yeah, it's making me crazy too. I like my stuff in alphabetic order only. I'm an editor and ADD-brained as well and I need things sorted that way to keep my visual world in order. Now I have to change my stuff around AGAIN for the second time this week. Grrr

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @WhoDunnit,

Welcome, and thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about the trouble you are having with setting up the App order on your Roku device.

The team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR 

"Welcome, and thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about the trouble you are having with setting up the App order on your Roku device.

The team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue."

There was no 'trouble setting up the app order on our Roku devices' until Roku decided to mess with them. The genius that came up with this idea should be fired! Sadly it seems that all Roku wants to do lately is embed more ads and create annoyances that they call 'features' that mess with our purchased devices and undo our customizations!

Now we have to be patient while you 'investigate the issue'? What a joke! Roku screws things up then people have to wait weeks or perhaps months or longer for a fix?

Just stop with all the meddling and leave our preferences and settings the way WE want them! Not the way YOU want us to have them!

The platitudes by the moderators are NOT reassuring at all because we've seen them all before on many different topics covering many different issues. This is a pattern with Roku, the customer satisfaction is terrible!

KCT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with this person!!! 

There was no 'trouble setting up the app order on our Roku devices' until Roku decided to mess with them. The genius that came up with this idea should be fired! Sadly it seems that all Roku wants to do lately is embed more ads and create annoyances that they call 'features' that mess with our purchased devices and undo our customizations!

No we have to be patient while you 'investigate the issue'? What a joke! Roku screws things up then people have to wait weeks or perhaps months or longer for a fix?

Just stop with all the meddling and leave our preferences and settings the way WE want them! Not the way YOU want us to have them!

The platitudes by the moderators are NOT reassuring at all because we've seen them all before on many different topics covering many different issues. This is a pattern with Roku, the customer satisfaction is terrible!

0 Kudos
KCT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did not get involved until you started changing my desires!

0 Kudos
AirJunky
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra running version 13.1.4 & don't see the App Order [Manual] option in Settings/Home Screen/ at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us informed!

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Our dedicated Roku team is actively working on resolving it and we anticipate a fix in the coming weeks.

For better visibility and reference, we'll mark this post as solved.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AirJunky, if you don't have the option, you weren't one of the guinea pigs.  Are you saying that your Home Screen apps are rearranging themselves and you don't have the option?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
WhoDunnit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has it been fixed? Is that why you're marking it as solved, because it won't continue to happen?

It keeps happening here...and I'm tired of re-rearranging the channels. I've done it three times in a week. Gave up fussing with it, just letting it be ordered stupidly and annoyingly. I had to labor to visually memorize the order, because it's not the order I need. My learning disorder keeps popping up, because I can't keep them alphabetically sorted. So I eliminated channels to simplify. Is that what Roku wants? For me to only have 10 channels?

"It's fixed now" is what I need to hear, thanks. Is that what "solved" means today?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.