Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Little780
Reel Rookie

Alexa or Google will not work with new TV

Last year a bought an Element Roku TV and have had no issues controlling the TV from the Alexa’s.  We recently bought an ion Roku TV and it will not work.  I have tried disabling the skill.  tv and app are up to date.  Alexa did automatically find the TV but will not control it however I can see when the TV is off or on from the app.  I get server unresponsive.  I have a google home as well and the ion will not work with google either.

2 REPLIES 2
Little780
Reel Rookie

Re: Alexa or Google will not work with new TV

Tv and app are all up to date 

0 Kudos
USAtube15
Channel Surfer

Re: Alexa or Google will not work with new TV

If Alexa and Google are not working with your new Ion Roku TV, try the following steps:

1. Re-enable the Skill: Disable the Roku TV skill on both Alexa and Google, then re-enable it to ensure a fresh connection.

2. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your Roku TV, Alexa device, and Google Home are all connected to the same network.

3. Update Firmware: Make sure your Ion Roku TV has the latest firmware installed. Check for updates in the TV settings.

4. Restart Devices: Power cycle your Ion Roku TV, Alexa device, and Google Home. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve communication issues.

5. Reconnect Devices: Delete and re-add your Roku TV in both Alexa and Google Home apps to establish a new connection.

6. Contact Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Roku, Alexa, or Google support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your devices and setup.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issues between your Ion Roku TV and voice assistants.

0 Kudos