Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apbainmaine
Reel Rookie

Re: AirPlay on Streaming Stick Not Connecting

Same.  Was using it two days ago, but Roku updated within the past 24 hours -- ONLY thing that has changed, and I can't connect.  Connected for about 2 seconds, then kicked me off.  Now they two machines don't see one another.  Did cold boot on BOTH (3 times).  Only one network available (this is for the bot "support" response that will then list the steps to connect -- yeah, done that, it ain't workin'). 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @apbainmaine,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for informing us about the issue you've been experiencing while using the AirPlay feature. Would you mind sharing more about your concerns with us? We'd love to take a closer look at how we can help. Are you encountering any error codes or messages? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
apbainmaine
Reel Rookie

There are, literally, no error codes.  Macbook Air (IOS 12.7.3) churns for a bit, then says it's unable to connect to the Roku Streaming Stick (3810; 12.5.5 build 4174-50).  Both systems are up-to-date.  I was able to connect using a 3rd party app, but the lag rendered it non-usable.  I have used screen mirroring for months with these exact machines with zero issues until today. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @apbainmaine,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue. Please try to restart your Macbook, and you will also need to restart your Roku streaming stick by going to settings, system, and system restart. Try again to connect, and let's try to see if that will be able to fix the issue.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gypsyheart

I was just having the same problem with my Roku AirPlay, which is actually the reason why I’m here looking for answers 😅 and I found out that you have to actually be on an app that you can stream from you can’t just stream AirPlay from your Home Screen it won’t work like that it will actually kick you off if it goes to the home screen But if you’re in an app and pull the drop-down menu on your phone and select airplay, it should work. Hope this helps

AMBlu
Reel Rookie

Neither iPad nor iPhone connect to roku streaming stick which is about 2 years old or less. iPhone 14. Message is 'unable to connect to Roku Streaming Stick

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AMBlu,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing with the Airplay feature on your Roku device, but we need more details.

• Does the issue start after an update?
  • What is the current OS version of your Roku device?
  • Are there any error codes when launching this feature?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
apbainmaine
Reel Rookie

The way I finally addressed the issue was to clear the cache on my Roku device (advice below provided by a friend):

Clear Roku cache

On mine you go to home menu. Press home 5 times, up arrow once, rewind x2 and fast forward x2. That’s supposed to clear the cache.

In case the mods are still watching this thread, the instructions above, though effective, are perversely and needlessly complicated (much like the process of logging in to make this comment, which put me through no fewer than FIVE (5) captcha screens.  Ridiculous.  #FigureItOut

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.