Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MASTERNC
Reel Rookie

AirPlay on Streaming Stick Not Connecting

We bought a new Streaming Stick 4K to replace one that died on us.  We have a MacBook that connected to AirPlay on the old Streaming Stick without issue.  With this new one, the streaming stick showed up as an option for Screen Mirroring (both are on the same wifi network).  We selected it and entered the code for AirPlay.  At that point, the computer screen adjusted for the receiving screen and the audio on the computer stopped.  However, the TV screen remained black.  After about 30 seconds, an error appeared on the computer saying it was unable to connect for AirPlay.  We tried again and even saw a message on the TV that the computer was connected, but the same outcome occurred.  We also tried rebooting the Roku stick but no luck.

Any thoughts on what I need to adjust?

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AirPlay on Streaming Stick Not Connecting

Hi @MASTERNC,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us regarding the Airplay that isn't connecting to your Roku device, and we're sorry for the trouble. To ensure that Airplay is successfully connected to your Roku device, make sure your Roku device has the Airplay option enabled. To check that, go to Settings > Apple Airplay & HomeKit AirPlay. Enable the Airplay if it is turned off. Now, try to connect Airplay to your Roku device.

Keep us posted on how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MASTERNC
Reel Rookie

I believe it is already enabled because it gave me an AirPlay code to enter on my computer?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @MASTERNC 

Have you tried using other Apple devices to see if it's able to connect via Airplay? How about trying a mobile Apple device?

Please provide us with updates on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nznyc89

I have the same problem on all three of my Roku Onn TV’s. I’ve followed all the instructions above and tried to airplay from two different iPhones, an iPad, and a MacBook. Each time it gives the code (if it’s the first time airplaying from that device, then says connected but never plays anything on the tv. I have tried turning airplay off, restarting, turning airplay on and restarting then connecting and still no change. When this has happened in the past, screen mirroring would work but that doesn’t appear to work either . 

MASTERNC
Reel Rookie

Just tried on my iPhone - it worked after entering the code

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nznyc89,

We acknowledge your first post here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about this kind of experience, and we'd like to gather more details so this issue will be addressed. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Roku TV channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Mobile device brand, model, and OS version.
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SkottMKE

My Roku stick is enabled for AirPlay and it not providing a on-screen code to connect. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SkottMKE,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, make sure that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  2. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon in video apps, or the AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.
    • Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon before you see the AirPlay icon.
  3. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote.

For more information, you can check out this link: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know if this works for you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lorabrown

Re: All about rpe calculator

Indeed, any user has the capability to record or capture images of a screen using their smartphone. While this accessibility enhances convenience, it also raises concerns regarding privacy and security. One approach to mitigate risks is by implementing Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) to protect sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure. Additionally, employing technical measures such as screen recording prevention features or watermarking can further safeguard data integrity. Educating users about responsible screen capturing practices and the importance of respecting privacy can also help foster a culture of accountability and trust.

0 Kudos