Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFBrunelle

ROKU stick still overheating

I've done everything suggested, but my ROKU Stick still overheats.  I only plug in the power when used.  I have the hdmi cable extension.  I even drilled vent holes.  

After about an hour it give me an overheating warning.  It also slows down functionality.  I unplug the power and wait about an hour and the cycle starts over again.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU stick still overheating

Hi @JFBrunelle,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your Roku streaming stick that is overheating. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. May we know when and where you purchased your Roku device? When did the issue occur?

In the meantime, please check out this support article on how to fix an overheating issue and ensure to follow the steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jfian

Re: ROKU stick still overheating

I think the Roku stick basically just sucks and overheats way too easily. That’s been my experience, at least. I’ve had various Rokus over the years. Giving up on them now. 

0 Kudos