Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkoenig61
Reel Rookie

9101x soundbar and pairing earbuds

Jump to solution

We have a Roku soundbar model 9101X.  The option to connect Bluetooth headphones is in the settings, but no matter which earbuds I try to connect, the earbuds never connect.  I followed all the soundbar instructions and put my earbuds in pairing mode.  Why don't the earbuds connect?

Please don't send me the instructions you have on this site.  I have read them and tried to connect the earbuds using the step-by-step instructions that Roku gives and it doesn't work.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 9101x soundbar and pairing earbuds

Jump to solution

Hi @tkoenig61,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'll be more than happy to provide you with further details on how to pair your Roku Smart Soundbar with your earbuds.

You can connect your earbuds to your Roku Smart Soundbar using the Roku mobile app to activate the headphone mode. You just need to download it on your phone or tablet. If your device is an iOS visit the online App Store to download the Roku mobile app for iOS. For Android visit the online Google Play store to download the Roku mobile app for Android.

How to activate Headphone Mode:

Before you begin, make sure your Bluetooth headphones are paired and connected to your mobile device.

1. Open the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Remote from the navigation bar
  3. Tap the Headphone icon to activate Headphone Mode

Higlight on the headphones button on the Remote page on the Roku mobile app

Once Headphone Mode is activated, adjust the volume to a comfortable level and put on your headphones. When you want to deactivate Headphone Mode, simply tap the Headphone icon again.

For more details, you may visit our support article: How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Don't know if this is your problem, but my earbuds can only link to one output device at a time.  When I can't get them to connect to one device I usually have to find which other device they are connected to and disconnect them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
tkoenig61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.  I did make sure that they weren't connected to any other device.  I tried to connect the earbuds to another Roku that we have.  It's a Roku Ultra and Roku says that the device is compatible with Bluetooth earbuds/headphones, but when I went into the settings on the Roku Ultra, I didn't even have an option to connect headphones, only remotes.  I think Roku needs to work on this feature.  It seems to not have any rhyme or reason as to when it will work.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tkoenig61, Roku has used the "Ultra" name on a few different models.  What's the model number of your Ultra?  Only the 4800 series has the option to connect Bluetooth headphones.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tkoenig61,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'll be more than happy to provide you with further details on how to pair your Roku Smart Soundbar with your earbuds.

You can connect your earbuds to your Roku Smart Soundbar using the Roku mobile app to activate the headphone mode. You just need to download it on your phone or tablet. If your device is an iOS visit the online App Store to download the Roku mobile app for iOS. For Android visit the online Google Play store to download the Roku mobile app for Android.

How to activate Headphone Mode:

Before you begin, make sure your Bluetooth headphones are paired and connected to your mobile device.

1. Open the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Remote from the navigation bar
  3. Tap the Headphone icon to activate Headphone Mode

Higlight on the headphones button on the Remote page on the Roku mobile app

Once Headphone Mode is activated, adjust the volume to a comfortable level and put on your headphones. When you want to deactivate Headphone Mode, simply tap the Headphone icon again.

For more details, you may visit our support article: How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.