Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkhR3224
Reel Rookie

4K Streaming Stick - No App Navigation/Update and Factory Reset do not work

I have a 4K Streaming Stick that is just over a year old (purchased on 3/7/2022).

On the Home screen, I can use the remote to navigate to the right, which is where my apps are shown. However, I can't use the arrows to navigate to any of the apps.  If I hit the right arrow again, it takes me to the ad shown on the right side of the screen, and I can select that (but not my apps).

I tried a software update, and it shows that I am on 11.0.0 build 4193-CU, and an update to 11.5.0.4312 is available.  However, after trying multiple times, it appears that the Updating Software progress hits 100%, the device restarts, and I am still at 11.0.0.4193.

I tried a factory reset (through the menu and also using the button the stick), but it does not appear to actually reset the device - all of my apps and network settings are still in place when the Roku stick starts back up.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

System Info

Model 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-CU

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: 4K Streaming Stick - No App Navigation/Update and Factory Reset do not work

Hi @jkhR3224

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We're here to help you continue using your Roku device. Could you try to perform a factory reset using the physical button on your Roku device? Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices. 

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the activation process

For reference, you may refer to this link: System restart or factory reset your streaming device.

If the issue still not resolve, let us know along with the serial number of your Roku device so we can look into this further. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jkhR3224
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I just tried the factory reset process again (holding the reset button on the stick down for >10 seconds until I see a red light), but it only causes the Roku stick to restart.  After the device starts back up, I still see all of the previously installed apps and network settings are still in place.

System Info

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial Number: X01700F9JNFN

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-CU

Please let me know if you are able to find anything else to try, thanks.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It's been a long time since I have done a factory reset, but I think you hold the button for a LONG time and it resets, and pretty much boots back up, then it notices that you are still holding the button and it resets again, and 2nd time comes up with the language and networking questions.

It sounds like you can actually navigate the menu, so you could try: Settings -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Factory reset.

0 Kudos
jkhR3224
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion, though I've tried various times with it being held down...it initially goes to a light red/pink light, then while holding it down longer it goes to a bright red light, then starts flashing with a white light.  But regardless of how long I hold it down, it still does not factory reset.

I also have tried multiple times from navigating the menu to do the factory reset (after entering if the 4 digit code), but after the device restarts, all of my apps and settings are still there.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@jkhR3224-

[Edit: didn't see your previous post.  It was entered while I was writing this...]

Factory Reset - Save this as a last resort as you'll be setting the Roku up all over again from scratch, including linking it to your Roku account and logging back into any channels whose subscriptions require logins.

Two ways to do a Factory Reset:

• Roku menu path
    Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.
  • Reset button
    Press and hold for a minimum of 30 seconds, not 10 seconds. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jkhR3224
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried holding it down for longer than that (>1 minute), but it does not make a difference.

The menu option also seems to have no effect on the device.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@jkhR3224

Thanks for the updates. 

Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you through email.  Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos