Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimme123

smart sound bar is cracking volume go's up and down any one having this issue?

16710394484233229997085425218170.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SMART SOUND BAR IS CRACKING VOLUME GO'S UP AND DOWN ANY ONE HAVING THIS ISSUE?

Hi @Kimme123,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
kentf
Channel Surfer

Re: SMART SOUND BAR IS CRACKING VOLUME GO'S UP AND DOWN ANY ONE HAVING THIS ISSUE?

I have a problem with a streambar and a Roku Ultra with the sound dropping. This started a couple months ago I think. Usually the sound drops but occasionally the Streambar sound will go up and distort. On both Rokus, I just have to exit the channel and reselect the channel and it will be ok. I don't know if the Ultra does this but it isn't used as much, but the Streambar has done it 3 times today.

0 Kudos
MissieReed
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with my Roku Streambar. I'll be watching TV and all of sudden the volume goes way up and distorts or goes down so low, you can't hear it. It does this on it's own. It's frustrating! I'm in the process of trying to find my receipt so I can return it because it appears there is no fix

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kentf @MissieReed,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
kentf
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar 2A10CD012475

Roku Ultra  KW9992249882

I experience the same on both devices.

Most of the time I am using the Xfinity Stream Roku app.

Last night on the Ultra, the volume went up during a show. The remote was sitting on the table so that is not getting touched. I can back out of the show I am watching back to the Xfinity guide and reselect the channel and it will return to normal. I experience this with both devices. More often the volume will drop and I have to do the same process, exit the channel and reselect and it will return to normal.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kentf,

Thanks for following up.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried removing the affected channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MissieReed
Reel Rookie

I tried turning on Volume Leveling because it wasn't on before. It's probably too soon to see if it worked. 

I have noticed this issue while using the Sling and Acorn apps. 

Model: 9102R Roku Steambar

Serial: YL001P315104

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-95

Device ID: 2A11A1315104

I have reset my Streambar many times. I have reinstalled the apps. I haven't reset it after uninstalling the apps. I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: smart sound bar is cracking volume go's up and down any one having this issue?

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post.

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos