Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brt1111

my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

My tv is doing the exact same.  I spent hours on the phone with Roku & my warranty company. Roku acted like they had ZERO clue of it. NEVER heard of this happening & had ZERO suggestions other than the remote reset and unplugging and manual reset and rejoining ROKU! None of it worked.  I spent additional hours trying to fix it on my own. Finally somehow deleted the RDIO channel that appeared out of nowhere by logging in to my account on my iPad.  Was fixed for two days and I turned my tv on last night and there it was again !!!!! STUCK ON RDIO!!!  They have to know about this.  It is an obvious software issue that they can’t fix or they would be giving us a fix.  Roku customer service promised me a call back in 2-4 DAYS!!!!! I still have heard NOTHING from them.  So frustrating.  Can’t watch a thing on my tv as it’s stuck on THIS CHANNEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE !! A channel they seem to have NEVER heard of.   

11 REPLIES 11
brt1111

Re: my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

I use the APP on my phone and it did the same thing.  Stuck on RDIO and can’t go anywhere else.  Hit the home button and it flashes to home and back to RDIO.  My tv is a ROKU tv.  Sucks because I can’t get any help from ROKU and can’t watch a thing.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@brt1111, do you still have the TV remote lying around somewhere?  Try taking the batteries out of it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Biggaybear
Reel Rookie

We've replaced the remote, reset both the remote and TV multiple times. We finally fixed it ...we got a fire TV and it never happened again.

0 Kudos
guitarztx

It appears you are in Roku, welcome!   No support, unwanted software on my TV and it is worthless with company on the way.   

0 Kudos
guitarztx

I just reloaded my with a hard reset, and problem comes back straight away.  I CAN’T believe Roku doesn’t get this.  It’s a hard stop on my purchase!!! What a joke on me for buying this when it appears people have been complaining for over a year and nothing is done.. 

0 Kudos
guitarztx

I have created a new account and reset the TV, essentially I’m a brand new customer with a new TV?   I still get the RDIO coming up to load as a new program, and add channel RDIO wants to grab my screen and add it   I deduce this a nefarious virus that is in the firmware of my TV, and I’m not sure there is any fix to this.  Certainly Roku is unwilling or unable to help their customers on this board.  You’d think they would want to pick up the phone and call someone?   I mean if this can happen to me, why not to all Roku users?   I also note that my remote is underperforming, I have to stand very close to the TV to get it to work and this all happened when RDIO showed up out of nowhere.     Bottom line:  I can get to YouTube TV and the items on my physical remote (Netflix, Hulu) and was able to get You Tube TV to load, but the experience is super sub par and RDIO screen will be there forever.  I see no fix, and nobody to fix it.  After grinding my teeth for a period of time it seems certain that a non Roku TV is in my future.    

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts in the Roku Community regarding the RDIO screen appearing on your Roku TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of the issue occurring on screen
  • have you tried using the Roku mobile app as a remote to see if the issue still occurs

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back your responses.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jomey

Dear Danny - It appears no one can answer with information on other screens because we are unable to get to any other screen. I have an Onn. Roku TV - it automatically goes to the Rdio screen and is clicking on the inside of the television like it's on remote. The remote will not work, the hard reset does not work. You cannot even power it off as it comes right back on to the Rdio screen. It is a software bug. I have to unplug the TV to power off to sleep. So just ditch the TV? It is less than a year old. Ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jomey, it's the remote.  Try ditching the remote and using the app to see what happens.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos