delfuego
Binge Watcher

dialogue not audible

Jump to solution

I was watching the Roku channel as late as last week and the audio was fine. Recently, this past weekend, the audio became degraded. I'm receiving a background track but the dialogue track is not audible. This is occurring on any random selection on the channel. No idea what may have caused this issue but it has to be a change implemented on the Roku channel since my device settings have not been changed and I'm able to continue receiving audio on all other channels. I've connected my Roku device to my audio receiver which is connected to 2 speakers using just the left and right channels. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Re: dialogue not audible

Jump to solution

as it turns out, the problem corrected itself just as inexplicably as it appeared without me having to do anything. Thanks Danny R for the response and thanks Roku for fixing the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
lrattels
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me. This did not fix the garbled, inaudible audio, however, it has allowed me to use my roku and 'hear audio clearly'. I connected earphones to the remote. Of course, this only allows 1 person to hear audio clearly. I have factory reset my Roku, unconnected it and reconnected it several times. Still have very garbled audio and not at all understandable. I'm very disappointed with Roku. There seems to be no way to get in touch with Roku. This is a problem with their device and they need to fix it.

0 Kudos
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was able to find a series on the Roku channel that includes dialogue audio so it's not all of the selections. The problem must be related to the channel itself, not the device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@delfuego @lrattels

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-specific title where you see this issue occur
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

as it turns out, the problem corrected itself just as inexplicably as it appeared without me having to do anything. Thanks Danny R for the response and thanks Roku for fixing the problem.

0 Kudos
Jsol107

Re: dialogue not audible only background noise

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue. It is not a problem with my speakers as the dialogue is audible when I watch through cable just not roku. It is happening with all streaming channels. 
model 4630X - Roku Premiere +
Serial number YR00CV041172

software version 10.0.0 build 4209-29

issue ID 72-366-901

0 Kudos
lrattels
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku plus . . . voice was ok when I first set it up and all of a sudden audio became distorted. I'm not sure why Roku isn't stepping up regarding this issue since it seems like many people are have the same problem. The way I got around it is by adding old computer speakers and plugging them into my remote. However, the remote batteries only last about a week doing it this way. Not happy with Roku at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Jsol107 @lrattels

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us specifically what channel and content you're experiencing the issue with? Have you tried removing the affected channel, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channel back in? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stream7336
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm now having this same problem on my second Roku in the home office.  A few weeks ago I had it on my bedroom Roku.  No audible dialog, but the music and sound effects tracks were crystal clear.  Netflix and Amazon shows were all dialog 'mute.'  I reset the Roku several times with no luck.  The following morning, things were fine.  Tonight I've got the same problem with my other Roku.  I've yet to find an effective solution online.  Where is Roku support?  Apparently this is a fairly common (and recurrent) problem.

0 Kudos
lrattels
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been having this problem for well over a year. I use the 'caption feature' to help me understand what is going on in the program. If I have company, I plug speakers into my Roku remote. This alleviates the problem somewhat. The batteries in the remote, however, only last a few days. You are correct, WHERE IS THE ROKU SUPPORT?  I have started completely over with the install of my Roku at least 6 times. I have a Rodu Ultra. I am done with Roku products.