Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinkieluv
Reel Rookie

connecting onn wireless speakers as rear without soundbar

I have the onn wireless speakers and subwoofer but not the soundbar. Can I have the speakers as rear, and not the front?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: connecting onn wireless speakers as rear without soundbar

@twinkieluv

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are the Onn wireless speakers and subwoofer Roku branded, or just from Onn?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
twinkieluv
Reel Rookie

roku branded

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @twinkieluv,

Thanks for the reply. 

A front speaker setup is recommended for Roku TV. The Rear surround speaker setup, is recommended for Onn Roku Smart Soundbar (requires Onn Roku Smart Soundbar). Note that Roku wireless speakers will not work as surround speakers for a non-Roku sound system.

For full information, you can take a look at these support pages: 

What is the best placement for my Roku wireless speakers?
Getting to know your Roku wireless speakers

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need additional support. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
twinkieluv
Reel Rookie

I have a roku tv, and would still like the roku tv to give sound. i dont have a soundbar, but want the wireless speakers to also give sound. so i would like both roku tv and roku wireless speakers to have sound at the same time.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@twinkieluv

Thanks for the post.

When connecting the Roku TV Wireless Speakers, the sound will be disabled from the Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Precab
Reel Rookie

Danny

I have a TCL Roku TV model number 40s325 that I have been unable to get both speakers to pair 9020r2’s. I make sure the TV had the latest software.  

does appear it gets through 60% of the speaker update trying to pair crom thr rolu menu.  One speakerLED stops flashing ….of the two but it never gets past a full pairing which looks like it stalls on the second speaker update.  Both speakers are close to the TV and I’ve tried resetting and plugging them in as well as the TV on and off a few times to start over  

If you have any other ideas I would prefer not to return these to Amazon is not working 

John

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Precab

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages:
Set up your wireless speakers
Fix a speaker pairing issue

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the serial number on the Roku Wireless Speakers and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tara5567
Channel Surfer

You need the soundbar and the technology has to be up to date the soundbar is what makes it all work. Connect your soundbar to Bluetooth tv setting then automatically everything else will pair the soundbar acts as the host that’s how everything else works 

0 Kudos
Tara5567
Channel Surfer

You need onn Roku soundbar pro stream bar or smart bar any one of these will connect to any tv but it will not work with onn Roku blast soundbar that’s what I have and I wanted to expand my sound system so I went out two days ago and purchased the 10inch subwoofer as I’m coming back all excited remind you, take the subwoofer outta the box paired it it’s not pairing it will not work so the outcome is my subwoofer is not hooked up I gotta wait two weeks to replace the soundbar blast for the onn Roku soundbar the one in the orange box or the original Roku You have to have that soundbar or stream bar it don’t make a difference what tv you have Roku or onn Roku Hisense google smart tv which I do have 

0 Kudos