Jeans
Channel Surfer

Stuttering Audio when streaming

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Bought a Roku stick two weeks ago and we are facing issues with the sound. The sound is not delayed or does not match with the video, the sound is stuttering when streaming. It does not happen all the time and for a full episode, but it's really annoying and makes it hard to watch anything. 

It's a 3940EU2 - Roku Express 4K Software is 12.5.5 Build 4174-E4.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuttering Audio when streaming

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for the follow-up information, @Jeans

For a resolution to the issue occurring across multiple streaming channels, we recommend performing a total reset of your Roku device. Kindly be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. You would need to re-activate your device, and re-authenticate some of the channels you have subscribed with.

To perform a factory reset, we kindly visit this support article to be guided. System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue to assist you moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jeans

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. We'd like to gather more information regarding the issue you've encountered so we can assist you better. Kindly provide the following information below.

• Is this happening to a specific channel/app? If so, what channel/app is it?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Kash, 

Thanks for your reply. 

-The issue is in all kind of streaming apps. So far, we noticed it in Paramount+, Netflix and wow (sky). We didn't try other streaming services

-it started pretty much since we bought the stick. I first thought it was because of buffering or the Internet connection, but nothing has changed on this side 

- troubleshooting so far:

*changing from 4k to 1080p - no effect

*changing the framerate to automatic (I'm not sure how the setting is called in English, but in the advanced system settings, you can set the adaption to the frame rate of the streaming to 'automatic') - no effect 

*trying to use the audio syncing function in the app - also no effect

I would say it gets worse the longer I stream. But hard to tell.

Best regards 

Jeans

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Jeans

For this moment, we recommend performing a system restart to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

After performing these steps, please let us know what the results you've found out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear Kash, 

Thanks for your reply @RokuTakashi @. I tried a system restart but the stuttering is still ongoing. It's not over a complete episode, but it seems to come in phases.

Best regards 

Jens 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for the follow-up information, @Jeans

For a resolution to the issue occurring across multiple streaming channels, we recommend performing a total reset of your Roku device. Kindly be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. You would need to re-activate your device, and re-authenticate some of the channels you have subscribed with.

To perform a factory reset, we kindly visit this support article to be guided. System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue to assist you moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Oso779

Jump to solution

I too am having the muffled audio/pops/static issues with my Streambar, on every channel I’ve tried. I’ve checked software updates, restarted the system multiple times, checked the HDMI & Optical cables. It just started out of the blue about 10 days ago.  I’ve got the ID Tracker info. 
@RokuTakashi 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Oso779,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku Streambar. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuTakashi?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear @RokuTakashi,

Thank you, tried it with different streaming providers and it seems as the lagging is gone.

Best regards 

Jens 

0 Kudos
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTakashi,

Sorry to bother you again. 

It seems that streaming via wow (a sky company) is still stuttering. Any ideas on this?

Best regards 

Jeans 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.