Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ampoe0113
Reel Rookie

YouTube App Unusable After Update on Roku TV

After the update on 3/18/23 I haven’t been able to use my YouTube app on my Roku TV at all. I’ve been on support chat multiple times to fix the issue, but I keep getting the “no memory available” message even though the YouTube app has been my only app for about 5 years now - I don’t use the tv for anything else. I was told to factory reset and now I can’t even redownload the app, which for me means my tv is now unusable. Does anyone know if it’s possible to uninstall the update? I’ve tried all the online suggestions and nothing is working. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube App Unusable After Update

Hello @Ampoe0113 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please perform these troubleshooting steps then let us know if there's any difference after.

1. Remove any unused channels installed on the Roku device.
  2. Perform a factory reset
  3. Try adding the channel back to your device and see if you will be able to add the channel back again. 

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ampoe0113
Reel Rookie

There are no unused channels, the only channel on my tv for years has been YouTube. I did perform a factory reset and that’s the issue - I can’t download the YouTube app to even troubleshoot it anymore. I left my tv unplugged for 5 hours today after performing a factory reset (again) and still not able to download due to the memory error message. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Ampoe0113, I don't know if it will help, but try creating a new Roku account with a different email address and link the TV to the new account after you factory reset it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
patsy3523

Re: YouTube App Unusable After Update on Roku TV

I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall the update, but perhaps someone in the community might have some tips or solutions to help you out.In the meantime, if you're interested in growing your social media presence or increasing engagement on your videos, you might want to check out https://famoid.com/buy-tiktok-likes/ for their social media services. They offer a variety of services, including buying TikTok likes, that would be helpful for your social media journey.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube App Unusable After Update on Roku TV

Hi @patsy3523

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. 

We'd be more than happy to look into this further. May we ask what happen when you tried to access the channel? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? To clarify do you have a Roku TV or Roku streaming device? 

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos