Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asuka55

Two Roku TVs in the same room; both remotes are operating both TVs

I feel like an absolute moron for this post, as I’m not the most technologically savvy person.

I have two Onn. Roku Smart TVs in the same room (me and my partner play video games side by side), and sadly there’s no way to reconfigure the room to separate the two TVs. But of course, since the Rokus are Infrareds, both remotes operate both TVs, and that’s become quite the annoyance.

We both have the Roku App on our phones and use the remote on the app for our respective TVs, but busting out the app just to turn the volume down is a bit obnoxious.

Are there any tips you guys recommend? Are there special remotes we can buy to individually operate our own TVs? Is there anything we can do? Or are we kind of stuck? Any help is much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Two Roku TVs in the same room; both remotes are operating both TVs

Greeting @asuka55

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We understand that you want to control your Roku TVs separately that are in the same room. We suggest you use a Roku Voice remote to establish a direct wireless connection to your Roku TV. You can purchase it on our Accessories page.

For future reference to help you pair the remote to the Roku TV, visit this support page: How to set up your Roku voice remote

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Roku TVs in the same room; both remotes are operating both TVs

You would need two WIFI Voice remotes, and abandon both Roku tv IR remotes for good. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos