Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosale
Channel Surfer

Worst purchase of my lifetime or in the top five.

When Paramount plus couldn't stream with Samsung (of which there are tens of millions of devices in usage, good job Paramount) they suggested Roku!  Play a show or two and then look at the sound coordination with the lip movement of the actors, it won't be synchronized. So you have to unplug and replug in the Roku (more aptly named Cuckoo) Box every couple of shows. Now Roku will deflect and blame your router but it's 100% them. Oh but Roku offers free shows! (yeah with more commercials than the networks yippie!) How much could the leave it to beaver catalog have cost you? I look forward to the next iteration of half tested modern technology to watch TV. then I'll be able to introduce my Roku to Mr. five pound sledgehammer of justice.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Worst purchase of my lifetime or in the top five.

Hi @nosale,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We regret to hear about this issue going on the issue with your Paramount+. We'd like to know more about this.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this relieves the issue!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nosale
Channel Surfer

I will attempt that procedure and post back. I'm a bit reticent to believe that's going to solve it. My GF has three Roku's and she says she has to unplug them and play the same game I play constantly. Having worked in a major "company you know"? I'm confident these reports are not foreign to the inner sanctum of Roku who just might not have an answer at this time. 

nosale
Channel Surfer

Nothing fixes this, the only upside is it wasn't thousands of dollars but the device itself? Garbage, unnecessary "me too", product. Skip the purchase just use what your smart TV comes with because this device offers nothing you don't get free with a smart TV. 

nosale
Channel Surfer

Hello everyone, never mind what the company says, here's what you do. Unplug the cuckoo box every night, plug it back in before you view programming. Be prepared to unplug as necessary if you stream for more than two hours. You're welcome.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.