Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily_g-65

Re: MAC address is all zeros...AGAIN

Jump to solution

Roku TV brand and model: onn; Roku tv: 8515X; onn.model 100005842; 
-serial number: YK00VX335888
-device ID: 0T596V3358888
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4214-AN

The issue arose about 4 days ago. 
I have factory reset the TV, I network reset, I did onn troubleshooting, and restarted my router. Nothing worked. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @emily_g-65

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If your MAC address on your Onn Roku TV is all zeros, I'd recommend following my suggestion in my previous post.

You can contact ONN Support here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dayla306
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros after firmware update reboot

Jump to solution

My tv has the same. The zeros for wireless MAC address and it cannot find new wireless network. This just happened 1/15/22.

here’s my info

Sanyo model: FW65R70F

serial: X000005JGC5P

device ID: S05CJ00JGC5P

software version: 10.5.0 build 4210-A3

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @dayla306

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dayla306
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did call Sanyo help support and they directed me to a tv repair shop!!

0 Kudos
TCLUser

Jump to solution

Just had this happen to me, I have a TCL RokuTV and they have an option in the advanced settings to reset the network to default settings.  After doing this and reentering my wireless network information everything reconnected.  
Roku support should pay me.

0 Kudos
dayla306
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank but now it’s working.  Here’s what I did.  Unplugged  the TV from the power cord strip for and hour. After an hour I plugged it back up and it went right back to normal.  Of course I had to enter in my wifi passwords but I’m good to go now.  Go figure.  Unless someone in the universe seen my post and reset it.

0 Kudos
Tyrone56
Reel Rookie

MAC address is all zeros...AGAIN

Jump to solution

Roku TV brand and model: TCL 55S21
-serial number: 2107NTM001389A04310 on tv X00000S1A1LL
-device ID: S0DW7171A1LL
-software OS/version: 10.50.0 build 4210-93
Called customer service and they tried hard reset still no MAC address, unplugged for hour no good, unplugged hit power button 30 times waited 30 seconds still MAC is zeros

Twindaddy
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros after firmware update reboot OS 10.0

Jump to solution

This happened to my daughters TV as well, though not after any update. One day it just stopped connecting and showing the MAC of all 0's. 

Ultimately I opened it up, found the wireless card and bought a replacement for $6 on e-bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254670908376

Two minutes of effort to swap out and get back to normal operation. 

Jump to solution

Hi, my TCL Roku TV has always had issues connecting to the internet and it has only ever successfully connected once and the MAC address is all 0s. 

-Roku TV brand and model: TCL model 48FS3750
-serial number: 2N009F948171
-device ID: 5P64A9948171
-software OS/version: version 7.1.0, build 4055-08
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did you start seeing this issue: for several years
-what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue: everything I’ve seen on the internet

0 Kudos