Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jabes

Why do I have to restart my TV every time I use it for it to connect to my wifi?

Every time I use my Onn Roku TV I have to go through the settings menu and restart the TV because it will not pick up my wifi the first time. I turn my TV on, no signal, restart it, then it's fine. Is there a way to fix this? It's a pain to do this everytime I want to watch TV.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I have to restart my TV every time I use it for it to connect to my wifi?

Hi @Jabes,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Would you mind trying an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to check if it will hold the network?

Please let us know if there will be a difference.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why do I have to restart my TV every time I use it for it to connect to my wifi?

Try enabling "Fast TV start" under Settings->System->Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lisagf

I have several TVs that have no problem yet I have 3 Onn Roku TVs and they are all less than a yr old and they all started doing it within the last month. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.