Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mae77
Reel Rookie

Why did all my apps suddenly shrink?

Last week I exited the YouTube app on my Roku and all the apps on the Home Screen were smaller. It went from 3 across to 4. How do I change it back (if I can)? I'm extremely near-sighted and find myself squinting to see which one I'm looking at. Not a huge hassle, but just annoying that it happened without warning.

Help!

20 REPLIES 20
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why did all my apps suddenly shrink?

A few people have reported this.  Thus far I've seen no response from anyone at Roku.  @RokuTakashi ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mae77
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response. Thought I could come here and there'd be some sort of setting I could change. Oh well. Glad to know others have reported this. Still weird.

0 Kudos
Cward70

Same thing happened to me came off amazon app on roku and bam went from 3 across to 4 across much smaller,I've tried everything except factory reset don't think I'm gonna do that,it would be nice to fix it oh well?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mae77 @Cward70,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your apps shrinking on Roku. We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing so we can assist you further. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV) When did this issue occur? Can you please provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing? In the meantime, please try to restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it goes back to how it was.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robot-boy
Binge Watcher

The apps shrinking is some kind-of update from roku. This should have been placed as an option and not forced upon us. I do not like the new menu look. I liked it the way it was!

There is no spoon.
MaryCreates
Reel Rookie

I am having trouble too! I am visually impaired and purposefully purchased various Roku devices because other platforms are difficult for me to see. 

For the ROKU moderator:

Please offer those of us who are visually impaired the option to have bigger apps.  

I also did some research on social media platforms where people are also unhappy about the change and many are stating that this has nothing to do with the display each person uses. This is purely a roll out by ROKU that ignores the needs of the visually impaired.

Please fix it and let those developers know they need to check social media platforms because people are not happy with the unannounced changes.

Mary

Mae77
Reel Rookie

Hi, @RokuEuniceL!  I think mine is a Roku Express. I've had it for some time and it still works great with my non smart LG tv. Tried the system restart the day it happened (which I guess has been about a month ago?) and it didn't change anything.

Thought about doing a factory reset but really did NOT want to redownload all my apps and have to sign in to everything again.

Here's a pic from off the tv screen. Sorry if it's too large.

WIN_20230910_11_58_28_Pro.jpg

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku is testing some changes to the Roku home page with some "lucky" random users. Changes I know of are:

• A Continue Watching bar
• Channel grid of 4 smaller tiles wide instead of 3 "normal" tiles wide
• On Roku TVs, tiles for individual input sources gathered under one single Inputs tile.

I urge anyone receiving these tests to feed back their opinions, positive, negative, or with suggestions for improvement, to Roku. About the only way to do this is by posting here in the Community.Continue Watching bar

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
MaryCreates
Reel Rookie

@makaiguy thank you! That makes more sense.

i talked to customer service and another department and let them know this is a problem for the visually impaired. 

Thank you for the advice.  Hopefully they will adjust for those who are impaired.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.