Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moriah2
Reel Rookie

Where to take tv to be serviced

Where would one take their Roku TV to be serviced?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where to take tv to be serviced

@Moriah2 Roku does not build TVs, they are all manufactured by different companies. You need to see who made yours, and then check for service centers for that brand. This page can help you contact the correct company.

Exactly what requires service on your TV? There's really very little that can be fixed on a modern TV. Unfortunately, when a TV stops working it's rarely worth the effort to attempt a repair. Naturally, larger, more expensive TVs might be worth the effort. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Moriah2
Reel Rookie

It turn on and you can hear the clicking of buttons but nothing on the screen. I’ve done everything I’ve read online to restart it and reset it and everything but no cigar. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Thanks for that. It sounds like the backlight has failed. If you look at the screen closely you might be able to see the Roku screen very faintly. Without a backlight, you can't see the image. The backlight is usually one of two sources: either a fluorescent lamp or LED lights. The LEDs can be an edge array or a panel of lights behind the display.

If your TV is not under warranty (most are only for one year), chances are it's not worth the cost to attempt a repair. But that depends on the size of the TV. It might be worth the cost for a larger screen size. A fluorescent lamp wouldn't be too expensive compared to an LED array, but that's mostly a guess on my part about the cost.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos