Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amberdaugherty
Reel Rookie

When I turn on my tv the whole screen is blue but you can still hear sound

When I try to turn on my tv the screen is stuck on blue and you can't see anything. But when you click on an app on the remote it is still playing and you can hear the sound. How do I get the visual part to work? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: When I turn on my tv the whole screen is blue but you can still hear sound

@Amberdaugherty Is this a Roku TV or a Roku device connected with HDMI to a TV?  In either case I would unplug the Roku TV or Roku device.  Let it set for 30 seconds and power it back up.  If it is a Roku device connected to a TV also unplug the TV for 30 seconds.  

0 Kudos
Amberdaugherty
Reel Rookie

It's a Hisense roku tv. I tried unplugging it and pressing the reset button on the back twice, and it's still not working.

0 Kudos

Was just wondering, did you fix it because mine is doing the same? I've tried unplugging and resetting also it's still not working

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Poeticdreamer,

We appreciate you getting in touch and making your first post here in the Roku Community.

What is going on here is intriguing, and we would like to learn more about it. Would you be able to tell us which Roku device you are now using? Is this a Roku-enabled television (made by Hisense, TCL, or RCA, for example)? Or is this a Roku device that's been hooked up to the television?

Let us know more about this so that we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next step.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.