Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garanlou

What speakers or sound bars are compatible with Roku Select TV?

Jump to solution

I’m having a hard time figuring out from the official sources whether this TV will ONLY accept Roku speakers or a soundbar, or if it can be any brand. And how do I connect such things without Bluetooth? HDMI? Yellow/red AV inputs? I’m already annoyed that it doesn’t have Bluetooth and I can’t use the Bluetooth speaker I already had, so thank you for helping a TV newbie!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What speakers or sound bars are compatible with Roku Select TV?

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @garanlou!

We see that you want to know which speakers or sound bars are compatible with the Roku Select TV without using HDMI or yellow/red AV inputs. We're here to assist you.

Please note that the Roku Select TV supports Surround sound connections. You can easily connect Roku speakers or a sound bar to it. However, if you already have a Bluetooth speaker, you can use our Roku Mobile app to connect it. Please follow the steps below:

To use your Bluetooth speaker with your Roku TV, follow these steps:

• Install the Roku mobile app on your phone.
  • Connect your Mobile phone to your Roku TV using the Roku mobile app. 
  • Connect your Bluetooth speaker to your phone.
  • Open the Roku mobile app and select the Headset icon. (You should now hear the sound coming from the Bluetooth speaker).

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Hope you'll find this information helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions; we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What speakers or sound bars are compatible with Roku Select TV?

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @garanlou!

We see that you want to know which speakers or sound bars are compatible with the Roku Select TV without using HDMI or yellow/red AV inputs. We're here to assist you.

Please note that the Roku Select TV supports Surround sound connections. You can easily connect Roku speakers or a sound bar to it. However, if you already have a Bluetooth speaker, you can use our Roku Mobile app to connect it. Please follow the steps below:

To use your Bluetooth speaker with your Roku TV, follow these steps:

• Install the Roku mobile app on your phone.
  • Connect your Mobile phone to your Roku TV using the Roku mobile app. 
  • Connect your Bluetooth speaker to your phone.
  • Open the Roku mobile app and select the Headset icon. (You should now hear the sound coming from the Bluetooth speaker).

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Hope you'll find this information helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions; we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.